is verizon ever gonna get a phone with a tegra 3?

Discussion in 'Droid Forums Member News Depot' started by androiduser2459, Aug 16, 2012.

1. androiduser2459

androiduser2459 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Where I live, I'm in an extended network, so I don't even have access to 3g. Needless to say, having a 4g phone isn't a high priority. What I want is a Verizon phone w/ a tegra 3. Is it ever gonna happen? Is verizon gonna carry any quad-core phones anytime soon?

2. B0B0

B0B0 Member

Ratings:
    +5
    I doubt 98% of the people with a smart phone even push it enough to make it lag noticeably. I know a LOT of people that didn't even know their android had google maps/gps navigation until I mentioned it to them.

how the hell are you going to spend 150$ a month and not know what your device even does? :blink:

Anywho, I couldn't see quadcore being very helpful. My single core does just fine at stock clock speeds of 1ghz, even when I push it it only lags due to ram (512). However, having said allll of that, yes I see no reason why verizon won't get a quad core phone for the sheeple that can't even push their dual core phone to its limits.

3. drew96dawg

drew96dawg Senior Member

Ratings:
    +26
    I have the same problem with ram on my phone if it want it faster I can overclock it. I'm a power user though so I would love a quad core

Sent from my DROID2 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

4. androiduser2459

Ratings:
    +0
    Give me a quad-core, and let me worry about pushing it to its limits. That's the least of my problems. I'm paying $250-300 per month, and I don't even have 3g. The least they could do is keep their line-up "cutting edge".

5. B0B0

B0B0 Member

Ratings:
    +5
    ouch, why not?

6. androiduser2459

Ratings:
    +0
    I live in an extended network area, so I'm running off US Cellular towers. Everyone in my area has 3G, except verizon. I've called at least a dozen times, and spent hours upon hours talking to them about it, and I'm still not sure they even understand what I'm talking about. At least 70% of the time, I know a lot more than the verizon employee who is trying to help me. It gets frustrating. Since I'm locked into their network, I at least want a decent line up of phones w/o locked bootloaders. Considering the amount of money I give them each month, I don't think it's too much to ask.

Search tags for this page
does verizon have any tegra 3
how to get tegra 3 on droid razr
tegra 3 phones

tegra 3 phones verizon

tegra 3 verizon phone
tegra 3 verizon phones
tegra phone verizon

tegra phones verizon

verizon tegra 3 phones
verizon tegra phones