Is Verizon ever going to getm a pure Google phone?

Nick177th

Reaction score
I'm still rocking my rooted Droid 1. Love it to death but, I think it's reaching the limits of what it can do. I will not buy a phone with mfgr's UI on it. No blur, no touch wiz and know Sense. I want a Nexus S in the worst way. Locked into Big red for about another 18 months. Is Verizon even thinking about a pure google phone or am I stuck like chuck?

hakaida

Reaction score
No idea, but people are saying the droid 3 will be blurless. I'd rather have a nexus device on vzw myself. I'm tempted to change carriers because I want a nexus device, but vzw is by far the best carrier in my area.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Is Verizon even thinking about a pure google phone or am I stuck like chuck?
That's really too vague a question to answer for any carrier and/or device. I doubt even Verizon could guarantee an answer one way or another. Nothing's guaranteed until a carrier officially announces a device. Your best bet is to look at their track history. Droid was probably the closest you could get.

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
I too am done with bloatware and carrier crap. It's good to hear that Android 4.0 uniform and available on all devices. But, I too am tempted to get a Nexus phone just to protest the crap that's out there. My next phone will be a pure Google Phone and if that means I have to switch carriers, I will.

Edit - Removed false statement about Android 4.0 not being open sourced. Brain fart, mixed that up with Gingerbread.

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
I too am done with bloatware and carrier crap. It's good to hear that Android 4.0 will not be open source and uniform. But, I too am tempted to get a Nexus phone just to protest the crap that's out there. My next phone will be a pure Google Phone and if that means I have to switch carriers, I will.
Did i miss something? Can you supply a source link on the, "Android 4.0 will not be open source and uniform." I want to read up on that, i cant seem to find anything about that.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Vzw probably will not get a nexus device until they can control the use of unauthorized tethering, particularly those being data hogs.

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
I too am done with bloatware and carrier crap. It's good to hear that Android 4.0 will not be open source and uniform. But, I too am tempted to get a Nexus phone just to protest the crap that's out there. My next phone will be a pure Google Phone and if that means I have to switch carriers, I will.
Did i miss something? Can you supply a source link on the, "Android 4.0 will not be open source and uniform." I want to read up on that, i cant seem to find anything about that.

I could have sworn I read an article yesterday about 4.0 not being open sourced but I must have had a brain fart while reading something about gingerbread's source not being released for awhile because google doesn't want it on phones.

Thanks for the call on that.