Is Verizon 4G LTE network even ready for the Bionic and others?

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
The answer is looking more and more like NO!!!!.With the delay of the thunderbolt and now the charge,im wondering-should i just get a 3G phone and b happy?

bendystrawboy

Reaction score
I'm waiting for the galaxys2, and hoping the next round of lte phones aren't the size of netbooks.

OP
Crankintopwater69

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm waiting for the galaxys2, and hoping the next round of lte phones aren't the size of netbooks.
When i 1st saw that phone-i thought-mann thats a ugly phone,but the more i look @ it on youtube,im like-THATS A SWEET PHONE-and now i no its been overclocked @ 1.5-WOW!!!

music life

Reaction score
yeah but it could be awhile for vzw to get the S2. from what i read AT&T is gonna get it first.

if your gonna go 3G i would check out the X2. it is gonna be a nice device. unless you have the time to wait for bionic or S2

OP
Crankintopwater69

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
yeah but it could be awhile for vzw to get the S2. from what i read AT&T is gonna get it first.

if your gonna go 3G i would check out the X2. it is gonna be a nice device. unless you have the time to wait for bionic or S2
If u were gonna guess when vzw mite get s2-what time frame would u say?

music life

Reaction score
not sure. Last i saw was to expect Q3 at the very earliest but was worded that it could easily be later.

but im still new to the game. I could be mistaken.

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState

If you go by the Past with Verizon was the last to get the last Galaxy S phone. If Verizon does get the Galaxy S2 I believe it will be the earliest Late 3rdQ or latest 1stQ next year.

music life

Reaction score
yeah pretty much what i heard.

no S2 for me tho. not a samsung fan.

either a bionic or an X2.

corymcnutt

Reaction score
Back to topic (and a good one) - What amazes me is that the phones don't appear to be ready for LTE. Didn't Verizon share the technology/specs with the cell phone manufacturers so they could be ready with the "kinks" pretty much worked out? It seems like the switching from 3G to LTE is causing radio problems with the designers. Verizon can hardly "showcase" its new network/speed without devices that can use it properly. I hope they can get some great LTE phones out to use soon. And what about VoLTE? I am really hoping the Bionic will include that feature, otherwise it may be worth waiting. So many unknowns to deal with?

OP
Crankintopwater69

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score

If you go by the Past with Verizon was the last to get the last Galaxy S phone. If Verizon does get the Galaxy S2 I believe it will be the earliest Late 3rdQ or latest 1stQ next year.
Scratchin off list now!!

OP
Crankintopwater69

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Back to topic (and a good one) - What amazes me is that the phones don't appear to be ready for LTE. Didn't Verizon share the technology/specs with the cell phone manufacturers so they could be ready with the "kinks" pretty much worked out? It seems like the switching from 3G to LTE is causing radio problems with the designers. Verizon can hardly "showcase" its new network/speed without devices that can use it properly. I hope they can get some great LTE phones out to use soon. And what about VoLTE? I am really hoping the Bionic will include that feature, otherwise it may be worth waiting. So many unknowns to deal with?
I would bet the farm that the bionic will have VoLTE but if LTE isnt workin then whats the point.Like i said im with Sprint now and i know its not LTE but it works.