is update for droidx or droid

roach

Reaction score
  1. Turn off your Droid
  2. Boot into recovery mode, by pressing Power + X
tried this so i guess it's only for droid,there is no keyboard on the x and thats what i have. unless someone figured how to get it.
thanks

kennydied23

Reaction score
  1. Turn off your Droid
  2. Boot into recovery mode, by pressing Power + X
tried this so i guess it's only for droid,there is no keyboard on the x and thats what i have. unless someone figured how to get it.
thanks

Definitely only for Droid 1. Not X

OP
roach

roach

Reaction score
thanks i kinda figured that,is there any thing going on with an update for the x.
thanks again

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
thanks i kinda figured that,is there any thing going on with an update for the x.
thanks again

try the droid x part of the forum.

if not, i believe their OTA is coming sometime soon as well.

eliassami5

Reaction score
lol this made me laugh! sry i know you are new and everything but it was just too funny. Where is there an X on the droid X anyway tho lol??

eliassami5

Reaction score
what does holding power and x do...???

it boots the phone into recover mode, for the Droid X you need to hold power and the home key till you see a triangle with an exclamation then press the search button to enter recover.

oh....is this how to manually install 2.2 ?

......no

The manual update is only for the ORIGINAL MOTOROLA DROID AND NOT THE DROID X..dont even try it on the X or you might brick your phone. The droid x will get 2.2 later this year

sgtmorph

Reaction score
it boots the phone into recover mode, for the Droid X you need to hold power and the home key till you see a triangle with an exclamation then press the search button to enter recover.

oh....is this how to manually install 2.2 ?

......no

The manual update is only for the ORIGINAL MOTOROLA DROID AND NOT THE DROID X..dont even try it on the X or you might brick your phone. The droid x will get 2.2 later this year

i have the original motorola droid......im just trying to figure out how to manual update....lolz