Is this thing on? Tap Tap

redfishrun

Reaction score
So do only 10 or so people have this phone and know about this forum? Maybe it's just that noone has any problems with their Droid Maxx

I am loving this phone. I liked my Bionic, but it was never the same after Jellybean. I had the extended battery and it wouldn't even make it a day on a charge. This phone, you can't kill it. I tried when I first got it. Finally, on the 3rd day, at about 5 percent battery, I put on a 2hr. Youtube video and left it, and I think it made it most of the way through that. I've gone into a 4th day with this phone on a charge, using it for music while driving, messaging quite frequently, e-mails, just the normal stuff, but it's freakin awesome! Even if I use it heavily it will still go at least 36 hours if not more. And no glitches or slowness at all, it is always snappy quick!

Just thought i'd relate my experience and see if we can get some activity going here. Peace!

Tas

Reaction score
I totally agree. I love this phone and not a hiccup since I got it launch week. I don't think I can ever go to another phone after this that has a smaller battery. Hooked and loving it.

I also agree that there is not enough talk on this forum. But that might be a good thing I guess.

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah, us DUM (droid ultra MAXX) owners don't have too many gripes. My main one is not being able to delete more than one number at a time in the call logs. Probably use up my 26 gigs of remaining storage from not deleting numbers.

Sent from my DUM phone using Droid Forums

doogald

Reaction score
Yeah, us DUM (droid ultra MAXX) owners don't have too many gripes. My main one is not being able to delete more than one number at a time in the call logs. Probably use up my 26 gigs of remaining storage from not deleting numbers.

FWIW - In the call log. Tap the menu control in the bottom right. You can clear the call log from there...

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
FWIW - In the call log. Tap the menu control in the bottom right. You can clear the call log from there...

That's all of them, doesn't work for me. I need only certain ones deleted.

Archangel1972

Reaction score
I am on my 2nd MAXX 1st one had 2 issues running doing nothing got overheat warnings and shutdown warnings and then would either shutdown and or re-state it was ok and not shuting down. 2nd issue sitting doing nothing it would power off by itself no reason no warning. Exchanged it with another new Maxx and have had 0 issues with it since battery has actually lasted me 2 days with minimal use and with running it hard I can get 6:30 am to 11:30pm and still have around 20% left easy. Ok I did have one issue I went 5 gigs over my limit 1st month.. Thought my company had me on an unlimited plan turns out that was wrong.. LOL

floydfollower13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Have been loving this phone since first day. No gripes watched a whole football game on NFL mobile and it still had 70% battery! My Bionic wouldn't even last the game! Motorola Migrate made switching my media and contacts a breeze.

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
No gripes with mine either. Phone wake is so much less than the Maxx HD. I do have a force close issue with gallery though, if I try and do the quick share.

Sent from my Droid Maxx

Casen

Reaction score
People have really different definitions of heavy. My maxx lasts 12-18 hours, but I mean I always use it. It usually is WiFi tethering to a tablet, while streaming Google music.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

TatDroid

Reaction score
People have really different definitions of heavy.
Exactly. "Heavy" or "moderate" are very subjective terms. The great equalizer, however, is "screen on" time.

Even in this short thread we have reported battery life from 12 hours to 36 hours. Obviously the 12 hour life was with much more screen time (heavier use) than the 36 hour life.

That's why, when discussing battery life I ALWAYS give 2 figures: the total up time on battery AND the "screen on" time. That takes all the subjectivity of "usage" out of the equation.

Casen

Reaction score
My first day had 16hrs total and 6 and a half hours of screen on time, no Wi-Fi, 4g only

Sent from my DROID MAXX via Tapatalk 4.

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
by5upapu.jpg

This was last night, but the phone was actually off the charger an additional 4 hours from what it says because if you reboot it resets. This was with minimal usage. I'm typically around 75%-65% at the end of the day

Sent from my Droid Maxx

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
4 day week end coming up, Monday morning trying to hit 50%. That'll really skew my average up. (Disclaimer; my phone sits idle Saturday and most of Sunday resulting in high stats)