Is This The Nexus One of Tablets?

InfrnalSky

Reaction score
Just curious if this is going to be considered the Nexus One of Android Tablets. Is this their tablet which will be used for their internal testing and receive the updates first or with this be considered just a normal tablet?

ckeegan

Reaction score
As far as I'm concerned it is, but I don't know if they plan on using the Nexus name for anything other than phones.

Andy Rubin from Google said (about the Xoom): "This is the hardware our engineers have on their desks when they come in every morning." - D: Dive into Mobile

Also, Motorola stated that this is a "Google Experience Device", and therefore MotoBlur wouldn't be on it. Obviously Google describes the Nexus line as "pure Google experience".

I can also pretty much guarantee it's the only hardware Google will be using when they show off Honeycomb on Wednesday. It'd be nice if there was a Q&A, and someone asked, "is this essentially the Nexus of tablets?"

Honestly, that's a BIG reason I'm not considering any other tablet, and I'll be getting the Xoom on launch day.