is this the end?

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Bionic' started by anwarlucas, Jan 9, 2012.

1. anwarlucas

anwarlucas Member

Ratings:
    +0
    why does it feel that the bionic is slowly drifting away from all sources? vzw/mot being slow to update software, no response on the locked bootloader with past proposal to unlock, it seems this phone is quietly disappearing

2. ConqSoft

ConqSoft Active Member

Ratings:
    +12
    I know Moto wishes it was never released. Blame Verizon for that one. :)

3. deduct

deduct Senior Member

Ratings:
    +28
    Well, I am still loving mine. Have had it since release day and can hardly put it down.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

4. cereal killer

cereal killer Administrator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,426
    Current Phone Model:
    Nokia Lumia Icon
    If its any consolation to you it will continue to get good support. Moto and Verizon won't let it slip into obscurity just yet.

Btw they are flying off the shelves right now because of the price. Very hot seller.

Sent from Droid RAZR

5. azdrifter

azdrifter Member

Ratings:
    +2
    and really with the way VZ is throwing out new phones every couple of weeks it seems,..I am sure we are not the only ones that feel left out or left behind.
    in a couple of months we will be hearing the same thing about the Razr and Nexus users because by the end of the 1st quarter they will be launching the Quad core phones and all current devices will be considered a dying technology?
    Thank goodness for the developers in these forums if it wasn't for them I am sure that no phone a few weeks old would have any support whatsoever !

Just my two cents worth ?

6. anwarlucas

anwarlucas Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the responses, I too love! My bionic, I would never trade it for anything else. I am hoping too that this phone will continue to be supported by mot and vzw

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

7. mamawm

mamawm Member

Ratings:
    +3
    i got mine on release day also. i'm still in love. i knew the resound and nexus were coming but i wanted the bionic. then they released the razr, it's a nice phone and all that, but i'm just not that impressed. and today they announced the razr maxx and the d4 and i'm still not all that impressed. i got exactly what i wanted and i'm happy.

8. welsalex

welsalex Member

Ratings:
    +11
    I too love my bionic! Its freakin sweet!

But ill say the last week or so has felt like progress on things is stagnant. Nothing new in the air about updates or other progress with this great device????

Sent from my Droid BIONIC via DroidForums

9. TatDroid

TatDroid Active Member

Ratings:
    +199
    How do you think recent Razr owners are feeling today? With the announcement of the Razr Maxx, which is exactly the same as the Razr, exact same hardware, exact same size/form factor - but with a larger battery somehow shoehorned in. I would guess Razr owners might be feeling a little abandoned as well. Hmmmm, I wonder if there are any "let's start a class action lawsuit" threads over on the Razr forum...

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

10. LoneWolf15

LoneWolf15 Member

Ratings:
    +2
    No grounds for such a lawsuit. It'd be like releasing a 2012 Corvette, then a 2012.5 Corvette, then a 2013 model. It's nice to have the latest, but there's no guarantee that you'll have the latest of anything for a week, or a month, or whatever.

I admit, I'd be extremely frustrated if I were a RAZR owner though. I look at the RAZR MAXX as the phone Motorola should have released in the first place. Do note though that the MAXX is slightly thicker to accommodate the battery; it's almost the same size/form factor.

I see Motorola moving way too fast on their phones, and unless they present a unified plan of support that guarantees updates out to a specified time period, they will eventually alienate users. As an example, I'd be very frustrated if I were a Droid X2 or Droid 3 owner, modern, dual-core phones released not long ago, and Motorola announced they wouldn't be releasing Android 4 for them (not saying they are or aren't, just an example). Further, the RAZR MAXX and the Droid 4 aren't coming with ICS, because of their development cycle. Motorola is crowding the market with phones, and that doesn't give buyers a fuzzy feeling --what if the phone they buy now is replaced with a new model in 60-90 days, leaving them in the dust?

Still happy with my Bionic, but I'm holding Motorola to that promise that Bionic and RAZR owners will get Android 4. I bought the Bionic after Motorola made that promise, and it was part of my decision making process. I'm also hoping that Motorola will eventually unlock bootloaders like they said they planned to, although I'm not holding out hope on that one.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Ansa82

Ansa82 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Im a razr owner...get on average 14-16 hours of battery life. I really am very happy with this phone. A bigger battery doesnt matter to me!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

12. mamawm

mamawm Member

Ratings:
    +3
    i'm just really glad that we actually have a great selection to choose from these days. i still remember 2 years ago when we had to choose between the d1 or the eris.:icon_ lala:

• Like Like x 1
Search tags for this page

celular motorola startac 6500

motorola 6500