Is this the Droid II?

LordKastle

Reaction score
Apparently they do care what phone or you wouldn't be seeing the advertising you do.

If this is a complete different phone...then its a different story. But for someone to call this the Droid II is a bit off base. And from the research I've done.. no way is this pre-2010.

It's also horrible business practice being done by Verizon. Instead of just dictating the market like usual they are making their customers in to pawns.

Would Apple/AT&T put hundreds of millions of dollars in to an iPhone campaign only to release a month later a completely different iPhone? I am becoming skeptical of Verizon. If they want to battle the likes of iPhone you have to be firm with your marketing campaign...or things will never change.

It's like a head coach bouncing around their decision making on who should be the starting quarterback for the week. It spells disaster.

The reason why the iPhone as a brand has become successful is because it lasts a full generation. There isn't a version A, B and C.

Personally it does not effect me either way. (I have 3 other lines I could potentially upgrade if I really wanted to). But from being a symbolic supporter of motorola Droid and Verizon, it kind of saddens me when a company stoops to that type of level. I have to give Apple and AT&T credit in this department. For better or worse they trust their hardware. Updates get made and then sooner or later a new generation phone is released. That is why the brand becomes strong.

Last edited:

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Apparently they do care what phone or you wouldn't be seeing the advertising you do.

If this is a whole different phone...then its a complete different story. But for someone to call this the Droid II is a bit off base.

Indeed.... this isn't BB.... no Storm 2. :icon_eek: The DROID would have to be a flop and a 'beta released to consumers' like the Storm 1 was. :icon_ devil:

anthfett

Reaction score
Do not like the rounded look. Droid looks much much better.

Nedaroth

Reaction score

If this is a complete different phone...then its a different story. But for someone to call this the Droid II is a bit off base. And from the research I've done.. no way is this pre-2010.

It's also horrible business practice being done by Verizon. Instead of just dictating the market like usual they are making their customers in to pawns.

Would Apple/AT&T put hundreds of millions of dollars in to an iPhone campaign only to release a month later a completely different iPhone? I am becoming skeptical of Verizon. If they want to battle the likes of iPhone you have to be firm with your marketing campaign...or things will never change.

It's like a head coach bouncing around their decision making on who should be the starting quarterback for the week. It spells disaster.

The reason why the iPhone as a brand has become successful is because it lasts a full generation. There isn't a version A, B and C.

Personally it does not effect me either way. (I have 3 other lines I could potentially upgrade if I really wanted to). But from being a symbolic supporter of motorola Droid and Verizon, it kind of saddens me when a company stoops to that type of level. I have to give Apple and AT&T credit in this department. For better or worse they trust their hardware. Updates get made and then sooner or later a new generation phone is released. That is why the brand becomes strong.

Wait what about 3GS so soon after Gen1 iphone

713King

Reaction score
this actualy looks like the blackberry storm and just modified or something lol looks stupid

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
doesn't look right and the MOTOROLA is way too big even for their taste

n0cturne74

Reaction score
This is just the nav buttons and moto logo pasted on a Samsung Jet S-8000 and pasted pretty poorly at that. You don't even have to look close to see that the buttons across the bottom are pasted onto the picture crooked LOL.

medicTHREE

Reaction score

The advertising you are seeing is targeted ad bringing in new customers using the hottest new phone(now). When another hot new phone comes out they will use it too. This is good business. They are in the business of selling cell service and phones are not the money maker for them. Having ALL of the newest android devices would be brilliant, not a mistake. This might hurt the sales of the droid, but it won't hurt verizon one bit. For instance... the eris... Released at same time and pretty much ignored.

LordKastle

Reaction score
I disagree. I have not seen a push like this from Verizon for a while. Verizon is PUSHING the Droid and is not leaving it up to Motorola to do all the work.

Verizon is taking a page out of AT&T's book right now. AT&T has Blackberry's, HTC's, and other phones too but they are known for their iPhone. Verizon seems to be pushing "the" Droid as the base phone (while at the same time supporting ALL Android phones) so they can have a reliable solid foundation to work off of and profit. But if they want "the" Droid to have that solid base they cannot release "the" Droid version A, B, and C within the same year. They have to make sure, like Apple and AT&T, that the phone lasts for a generation so that the brand becomes legitimate and more than just another HTC/Samsung type phone thats gets released as often as there are flavors of candy and ice-cream.

Why was the Eris ignored? Because the promotion was heavy for the Droid and the Eris got very little. The Eris is still an excellent phone.

Like I have said..I could care less either way because I will get whatever phone I end up preferring at crunch time. But from a marketing and branding standpoint Verizon must be cautious.

GBH2

Reaction score
It is positively photoshopped. Blow it up and you can see where they took the corners off a Droid to give it the rounded look.