1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Is this poor battery life?

Discussion in 'HTC Rezound' started by scott craft, Jul 5, 2012.

1. scott craft

scott craft Member

I've had this rezound since Saturday. I have the extended battery, but it seems like I should be doing better.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sent from my Rezound
  2. scott craft

scott craft Member

Just want to add that the screen on time for the pictures above is about two hours twenty minutes.

Sent from my Rezound
  3. wcjeep

wcjeep Member

Is this 8+hours on one extended battery? Is 4G on? On, but, not connected? My standard battery Nexus can't get near this type of battery life with 4G on. With 4G off my Nexus battery life is greatly extended.
  4. scott craft

scott craft Member

Yes, this is on one extended battery. 4G was connected for about twenty minutes on the drive to work. When I got to work I turned the screen brightness down and turned the 4G off. A couple of hours later I turned 4G back on because the cell usage is so low. I'm trying to figure out if my battery life is where it should be or not. I was expecting better with the extended battery, but maybe I'm just using it a lot. I do not have 4G at home or work and reception is ok but not great at either place for 3G and phone calls.
  5. cdm369

cdm369 New Member

Sounds like a rogue app or constant signal search. I have the extended battery and I get 14 hours moderate to heavy use. Sync 2 emails, facebook, watching YouTube and listening to mp3. Usually with 2 to 3 hours of on screen time. I do keep 4g totally disabled because we don't have it. But when your 3g signal is low enough it will still search for 4g unless you disable 4g.
  6. wcjeep

wcjeep Member

Searching for 3g can also eat battery. Wi-Fi at home? Consider a cell booster? The booster would help eliminate searching.
  7. scott craft

scott craft Member

I'll keep 4G off and see how it does. At home I'm almost always on wifi, so the poor reception doesn't hurt as bad there.

Sent from my Rezound
  8. mountainbikermark

mountainbikermark Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

What I noticed was at first even my extended battery was less than I'd hoped but after about 7 days it had improved a lot with about the same usage. I'd check for what's syncing in the background, noticed Facebook being a top user in the screen shot, because frequent syncs use battery that doesn't show up on the usage chart. One example on mine is I've got Dropbox set to auto upload my photos and my battery drops like a rock when I take a bunch of photos at the same time.

Support Our Troops!!!
    <><
    A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post
  9. scott craft

scott craft Member

Thanks, I'll check that out.

Sent from my Rezound
  10. k1ngr4t

k1ngr4t New Member

That's definitely below normal. I used the extended battery for awhile, and some days at work will have pretty moderate to high usage, and I'll still get home after 8-10 hours with AT LEAST 50% left. That includes games, browser, texts, music, email, play store, AND 4g in a crappy signal area.

Two hours is a lot of screen time, and thats the Rezounds biggest drainer is the screen. But it sounds like there's something else going on even deeper, cause 34% after about 8 hours is what I get on my stock battery.
  11. scott craft

scott craft Member

Thanks, I'll keep checking around. I flashed ICS this morning so I'm going to go through my app settings and see if I can see what's bringing the battery down so fast.
  12. scott craft

scott craft Member

So far my battery has done much better today. I flashed the ics leak this morning (very nice btw) and reloaded my apps. So far it's doing very well. Thanks for all the input.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2
  13. scott craft

scott craft Member

My battery is doing much better today. This is using WiFi only with screen brightness lowered a bit. This is on ics also.

Sent from my Rezound
Search tags for this page

poor battery life on rezound