Is this OTA update deployed?

fishacura

Reaction score
Hey all. Been poking around today for the first time in literally a couple of months. I noticed on the new version of steel rom there are add-ons for version 5.7.894. I'm running stockk 5.6.890 on my rooted droid-3 which is from a restore done after trying several ROMs in December.
My question is about 5.7.894. Did I miss an OTA or is this not widely available yet? Didn't see anything on XDA about stock verizon 5.7.894 files and I am just wondering if I missed an update because my phone is rooted or if it's not out yet.

Reaction score
That's a good question... I haven't seen or heard anything about an official ota.. just the leak. And the leak has been out for quite some time. I think motorola forgot the d3 even exists to begin with...

OP
F

fishacura

Reaction score
So they have us on a version where sleep mode does not work (it's been months now) and they're not going to fix it?

Reaction score
Hmmm... i'm on the ota leak via mavrom 2.5. I just tested the sleep function and it seemed to work. What exactly was the issue with 5.6.890?

Edit: ok, i googled it. Problem is phone doesnt wake back up w/o a battery pull right? Yeah that would render sleepmode useless.... well with the ota leak, it wakes up. But you gotta hold that f***er pretty long. Motorola will probably make the leak (or a leak) official sometime (a long time from now if anything). I'm just cynical, thats where that forgetting the d3 bit came from lol.

Edit 2: on 5.7.902 and i cant wake the phone up from sleep. Go figure.

Edit 3: in order to wake your phone you gotta battery pull, then turn off airplane mode. Or plug it in. I wonder why the older ota leak's sleepmode worked, and this one doesnt?

Last edited: