1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Is this ok before I go on?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by kombat, Oct 1, 2011.

1. kombat

kombat New Member

I'm wanting install a ROM to my OG Droid but am seeing some things that don't mesh with what I'm reading online so I want to make sure everything is ok.

I installed ROM Manager and did a backup. That went fine. But now everytime I try to do anything in ROM Manager it reboots and just sits at the screen with the warning triangle with a phone laying next to it. Even when I try to do another backup, which worked the first time. I've learned that from the warning triangle I can hit Vol+ and Camera button to get to recovery mode. But I don't see a recovery option. It says Android system recovery (3e), and the only options are reboot system now, apply sdcard:update.zip, wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition, and wipe baseband data. Seems that since this is recovery mode that there should be an option to recover, right?

So as I see it, I don't see any way to restore my phone anymore so I am very hesitant to move on in case something goes wrong. Please advise.
  2. mmiillkkaa

mmiillkkaa New Member

Is2 recovery-from-boot have .not at the end i

Sent from my DROID using DroidForums
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2011
  3. mmiillkkaa

mmiillkkaa New Member

Sorry, phone going crazy, will post later

Sent from my DROID using DroidForums
  4. androidgeek

androidgeek New Member

Use RDS to flash custom recovery. Make sure you're completely wiped data/cashe and then go from there.
  5. joeyx2

joeyx2 New Member

Its been a while since i played with a og droid but it sounds like u r in the stock recovery. U need to install a custom recovery. U can do that throw rom manager as well as everything else. Try reflashing clockworkmod recovery again.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums
  6. kombat

kombat New Member

Thanks. I don't know how that happened. I know I flashed clockwork recovery before. At least I know what the deal is now. Thanks.
  7. joeyx2

joeyx2 New Member

No problem

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums