Is this normal?

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy Nexus' started by skyshadow, Jun 12, 2012.

1. skyshadow

skyshadow New Member

I have been having a couple of weird things with my nexus happen. First the range that it picks up wifi is terrible. I have my router (Linksys e3000) in my bed room and when I'm sitting on my living room couch which is like 35 feet away I only get 2 bars connection. And anywhere outside my house is like nothing. Secondly my phone seems to get really warm. This happens very quickly during a phone call (you can notice it on your ear in like 3 minutes) and its also warms up quickly from regular use (on wifi or 3g). The third thing is if I shake my phone and listen closely I can hear some kind of noise on the inside (sounds almost like the lens rattling) has anyone ever experienced any of these issues?
  2. skyshadow

skyshadow New Member

No one has had these issues?
  3. HikenGruven

HikenGruven New Member

The phone usually runs pretty hot, especially when using 4G. I don't know about the wi-fi. My wi-fi is crap where I work, but flawless at my home. Sometimes the volume keys might make a sound when shaken. Are you sure it's not that?
  4. cupfulloflol

cupfulloflol New Member

My wifi range seems ok. On par if not slightly better than my daughter's Bionic and my OG Droid at my house. At work, on par with a very wide range of smartphones, various iphones and various Android devices (Evo3D, EvoLTE, RAZRMAXX, Rezound and probably a few others I can't think of right now). It's signal reporting seems strange to me though, as I often sit relatively close to the router (as in less than 10 feet from it) and sometimes it loses a bar or two. I don't notice performance degradation, meaning my speeds are fine and it operates fine. But this is just my experience, maybe there is a common problem with the wifi in phones.

How hot are you getting? Have you run an app to see what sort of temperatures you are hitting? Various battery apps can tell you the temperature of the battery, which theoretically should be the hottest thing on your phone. But yes the device can get rather warm.

About the rattling sound, mine doesn't do that. I can't imagine why it should do that either. Generally rattling sounds from a product not designed to rattle aren't good signs.
  5. rjcapp

rjcapp New Member

It might be the battery making noise when you shake the phone. Take the battery out and see if the noise stops.
  6. hondaguy520

hondaguy520 New Member

Its the volume rocker buttons making the rattle... hold those and shake the phone it should go away

Sent from my Googlaxus
  7. b-jammin21

b-jammin21 New Member

After doing some research, I found out that it is normal for the camera sensor to rattle a bit. I have the same problem but my phone and camera both work fine, so I don't worry about it.
  8. untoothedyouth

untoothedyouth New Member

Mine rattles too. Noticed that the first week so I knew it wasn't because I dropped it or something. Lame but it could be worse.
  9. untoothedyouth

untoothedyouth New Member

Yep. On my second Nexus and it rattles in the camera area just as much as the last. Poor construction by Samsung. As if being saddled with a sub par 5 megapixel camera isn't bad enough.
Search tags for this page
a rattling noise when i shake my galaxy s4
gs3 has a rattle when shake

nexus 7 camera rattle

nexus 7 rattle near camera

nexus 7 rattles next to camera

rattle sound when galaxy s3 phone is shaked
rattlign noise on samsung galaxy s3
rattling noise nexus 7
rattling sound in nexus 7
rattling sound s3
samsung galaxy s3 camera rattle