Is this normal?

ayueh4695

Reaction score
I switched from a bionic to a galaxy nexus today. I cannot get a consistent 4g signal. Each time I get it, I lose it within 2 minutes and have to wait another 3-4 minutes for it to start again. It's almost impossible to use...

captdroid

Reaction score
I switched from a bionic to a galaxy nexus today. I cannot get a consistent 4g signal. Each time I get it, I lose it within 2 minutes and have to wait another 3-4 minutes for it to start again. It's almost impossible to use...

Nope that is not normal. Are you in a weak 4g area? Maybe go to the Verizon Store and have them check it out.

OP
A

ayueh4695

Reaction score
I can't send texts during the down time either.

captdroid

Reaction score
I can't send texts during the down time either.

Try rebooting. If you can't hold a signal like you describe then I would go to the Verizon store and have them check it out, replace the sim card, phone, etc.

OP
A

ayueh4695

Reaction score
I got my phone from costco and I'm pretty sure I grabbed the last one for a while. What else can I do?

captdroid

Reaction score
I got my phone from costco and I'm pretty sure I grabbed the last one for a while. What else can I do?

IDK maybe someone else can chime in... I would take it back... don't see why you can't show up at the Verizon store anyway and have them check the sim and functionality. The phone is under warranty and Verizon should replace it I would think if necessary. Not sure though. Maybe someone else that has gotten phones from Costco knows.

captdroid

Reaction score
Another thing you could try is unplug and plug back in your sim card. Maybe it's not seated properly. IDK where the sim is located exactly :) Verizon even installed my extended battery and screen protector :D

Big Ry

Reaction score
Another thing you could try is unplug and plug back in your sim card. Maybe it's not seated properly. IDK where the sim is located exactly :) Verizon even installed my extended battery and screen protector :D

This is something I've never heard mentioned. Maybe Verizon just has crappy SIMs lol

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

tacticalfats

Reaction score
I had the same problem. Went to a VZW corporate store yesterday and the replaced the sim. Mgr said its a common problem with the initial sim.

Mines been better today... Still not what I expect (same consistent connection I had with all past 3g phones).

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

OP
A

ayueh4695

Reaction score
I've done it like 5 times already D:

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sorry for this if it is dumb but I can't recall what SIM the Bionic uses...if you are taking the SIM from one phone to the other than that is your problem. If not your SIM for your GN could be failing....VZW sends them to me randomly for some stupid reason so I have like 6 of them but you could go into your local store and tell them you think your SIM is having troubles...they will swap it for free with no questions asked...they have like a hundred of them sitting in a drawer.