Is this normal to see on the screen?

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR MAXX' started by GSdub510, Jun 1, 2012.

1. GSdub510

GSdub510 New Member

When I'm watching videos and the screen is horizontal, on the parts of the screen near the menu and search button are two white lights. I'm assuming it's to light up the screen but it can be distracting in the dark. And if you change the angle, it changes as well, shifting up and down.
  2. Quicksilver7714

Quicksilver7714 DF Super Moderator Rescue Squad Premium Member

I have to same thing on my RAZR. I just ignore it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
  3. FoxKat

FoxKat DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Agreed, this is normal as I see it on mine as well very faintly at the bottom edge of the screen. Nothing to worry about.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2 with Google voice to text translation. Please excuse any minor spelling, punctuation, capitalization or grammatical errors.
  4. GSdub510

GSdub510 New Member

Okay. I have had my phone for over a week and today noticed a blue, dead pixel. I have always hated dead pixels and though its tiny, I'm pretty anal about it. I haven't had the phone for two weeks yet and I have a warranty. Is there any way to fix it such as an app, should I just accept this, or should I go to Verizon and get a new phone?
  5. FoxKat

FoxKat DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Since it's less than 2 Weeks old, I'd go get another one, and make sure is a new one.

There was a time when dead pixels were a far more common occurrence and manufacturers were forced to set a certain number of dead pixels as "normal" to avoid excessive warranty claims. That is essentially no longer an issue and there should be no dead pixels on today's new phones.

If it were older than two Weeks I'd try one of the pixel fixer apps. I've had success and have recommended them to others who also had success.

They work by repeatedly driving all pixels with either one color or by rotating through all primary and secondary colors at full brightness to "unstick" the pixel electronically. They are not 100% successful but if they work for one person they are a valuable tool.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2 with Google voice to text translation. Please excuse any minor spelling, punctuation, capitalization or grammatical errors.
  6. ricks

ricks Member

I don't see any lights on my maxx while watching any videos.