Is This Normal Battery Usage On Note 2???

Discussion in 'Smartphone Battery Discussion' started by mrfatty1985, Dec 17, 2012.

1. mrfatty1985

mrfatty1985 New Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Hi Just wondering if this is normal battery usage for The Galaxy note 2 ....

View attachment 59246 View attachment 59247 View attachment 59248

I think google sevices use is pretty high?? Was ok until did software update and last night had it at 50% and when I woke up the battery was dead. No apps were running....

any advice or tips for a newbie ...

View attachment 59246 View attachment 59247 View attachment 59248

2. mrfatty1985

mrfatty1985 New Member

Ratings:
    +1
  3. guidot

guidot Developer Relations Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +274
    Sounds like it was uploading pictures to Google plus or you installed an app that's not playing nice with the update.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

4. mrfatty1985

mrfatty1985 New Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Ok guys for looks like I may have found a solution ,,,

if google services is taking up a lot of battery drain you need to see if you really need everything synced.

I was only getting 16.5 hours battery ... not bad but i think could be better for the beast of a battery this has.

anyway, go to settings, accounts then google ... click on your google email(s) and untick any you don't need.

I only have sync gmail ticked. I did have sync contacts ticked but looks like that was what was causing the battery drain. All i have now is sync gmail ticked. Do this for all your accounts

Also under privacy in the google menu click on location and make sure its unticked, same with maps and latitude, google. and search. You can always change them when you need them.

Also if you use the gmail app to check emails then go into it, hit the left soft key to get to gmail settings. Now click on your email address (not general settings) ... in this menu ... under data usage put the 'Days of mail to sync' down to about 14 days or less ... I think default is 30 days.

I seemed to have gotten an extra couple of hours usage by doing this. Normally i would be dry about 1 and half hours ago but i still have 20% battery left. And also now in GSAM battery monitor google services doesnt even show up :icon_ banana:

I hope this helps someone

Search tags for this page

galaxy note ii google services

google maps draining battery note 2

google plus killing battery note

gsam average note 2

if note 2 battery usage screen says 22 % is that high

normal battery usage life if 1400mah

normal usage time for samsung note2

note 2 typical battery usage per hour

note2 normal battery drain

note2 screen consumption