Is this hoax?

OP
KCav

KCav

Reaction score
Hi harrell,

I just opened Kindle for the first time; clicked on Pride & Prejudice, it opened immediately. I can read read it easily, the contrast between the letters and back ground is very clear. Have you any advise on how I should customize Kindle.

There are topics I would like to keep abreast of latest neww, and also authors whose books and publications I would like to read. How do you find things in Kindle, Nook, Kobo and else where?

KC

OP
KCav

KCav

Reaction score
Hi debdroid1A,

I appreciate your kind offer. I am having a Love/Hate relationship with my Droid. I loved it last week when I clicked on Navigation, told it my destination, and it directed through the suburbs of Boston from Quincy to Needham. Wonderful, I avoided the morning traffic.

I find there is a learning experience with every new thing, only the Droid does fifty things. when time is of the essence I really need help. SO I put you in my Buddies list. :)

KC

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi furbear,

I clicked on Markrt icon, searched for Amazon, found Kindle, it was 4th item down, I have downloaded and installed Kindle.:icon_ banana

Thank you.

KC

AWESOME ! Glad you found it
When you open the app tap menu, kindle store. Lots of stuff there.
Also you can use your volume keys to turn pages now, just enable in settings. I am older so I've set my fonts larger than normal and set the background to black , both easier on my eyes
Support Our Troops!! written in some form from a wifi monolith.

sarreq

Reaction score
I found the following add on Anazon.com -- Free application for your Android phone - no Kindel required. There was no link to a download. It said -- Get free download, search for Kindel on Android Market. Could this be a hoax?

I searched for Kindel on the Android market and found nothing about a free Kindel download. Does anyone use Kindel on their DROID? I would like to try to Kinde on my DROID; advice appreciated.

KC
it does help if you spell it correctly
kindle, not kindel

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Glad you got it working! :)

There are lots of free books available directly from Amazon, but you can also follow the link provided to get many free books as well.

Another source for content is from independent authors. Smashwords - Ebooks from independent authors and publishers is one source. I'm sure you can find others if you look. Do you need instructions in side-loading books from other sources?

OP
KCav

KCav

Reaction score
Hi Mountainbikermark,

I set font a bit larger and find the volume key conviently placed to change pages.
Thanks for the advice. Today I'll be searching for information to read in Kindle. Now that I can spell Kindle. :)

kc

OP
KCav

KCav

Reaction score
I used the Kindle for Android before I got my Kindle, its super! You can use one account on your kindle, droid and pc

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Have a feeling I'm going to enjoy reading with Kindle on my Droid but not so sure about note taking.

KC

Last edited: