Is this hoax?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Kc I really think spelling is the crutch that's getting in the way. Try again and make sure you spell it kindle

tappin and a talkin

DroidCoug

Reaction score
Anyone else finding this thread ironic that he can't find the Amazon Kindle App so he can read books but can't spell Kindle or scan the QC barcode???
Kindle+QR+Code.png

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
When I spelled it wrong it asked "did you mean Kindle".
I think the magnifying glass in the upper right corner of the market must be broken on the OPs phone.I know search was stupid last night. I searched for "printshare" and got calendar apps, clock widgets, you name it but anything print or share related.

Support Our Troops!! written in some form from a wifi monolith.

OP
KCav

KCav

Reaction score
Afterviewing ANDROID Apps on hamdheld - could not find free download of Kindle.

I must be doing something wrong, searched for app kindle -don't find anything about free download of sodfware.

KC

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Afterviewing ANDROID Apps on hamdheld - could not find free download of Kindle.

I must be doing something wrong, searched for app kindle -don't find anything about free download of sodfware.

KC

I am assuming by the avatar you have, that you are using either a Droid 2 or a Droid 2 Global. If so, go to your home screen, press the App Drawer icon on screen(circle O with a ^ inside it)...scroll down, apps are loaded alphabetically, until you come to the Amazon Kindle app icon...it looks like the below posted picture...

amazon-kindle.gif

If by chance you do not have this app installed, click the following link--->Amazon Kindle E-Book Reader for Android Devices

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
kcav, a few things;

What device are you using? Do you have a full Android Market app on your device? If so do a search for amazon. It was the fourth listing in my search.

The application is free and there is plenty of content available for free. You can also side-load (load outside the normal channels) content from various other sources. For example;

Project Gutenberg - free ebooks online download for iPad, Kindle, Nook, Android, iPhone, iPod Touch, Sony Reader

Thousands of royalty-free books. :)

harrellj

Reaction score
One other thing, to get to the Market, it should be an app already installed on your phone, normally looks like a white/green shopping bag. If its not on the homescreen, you'll probably have it in the app drawer, which is the icon that looks like a bunch of squares.

I'll nth the comments from everyone else, the Kindle app allows you to view books designed for the Kindle device, without needing one (just an Amazon.com account). There are free books, there are regular books. And just like with a regular Kindle, if you buy a book before it is available, it will be available on release day.

Along this line, if you want to go maybe the Barnes and Noble route, you can get the Nook app for the phone. Borders' Kobo device also has a corresponding app on our phones as well. Neither need the actual hardware device to work.

b_salgado

Reaction score
The avatar is that of a Droid 1. To the original poster.... open the market. Click the magnifying glass. In the search box type KINDLE and nothing else. No app, no kendle, KINDLE. It will be the firt thing that pops up.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If they spell anything like the spelling I've seen in this thread THAT is at least half the problem.

Support Our Troops!! written in some form from a wifi monolith.

debdroid1a

Reaction score
If you can't find Kindle you could try other e-book readers like others have suggested.
Kobo
Aldiko
Nook for Andoid by Barnes and Noble

Again, try typing it in correctly (triple check--I do that sometimes) and maybe even use your keyboard since your avatar shows a Droid 1. Or use the screen keyboard. That's what I did for Nook. I just typed in Nook.

If you're still not getting it, give us the information we need to help you with this so you can get the Kindle for free on your Droid and read books on it (I love doing that, I've read more since I've got my Droid then before). Oh, information like type of phone (is it a Droid 1), etc.
Thanks and I hope this helps too.

OP
KCav

KCav

Reaction score
Hi BodyBagz,

Your observation is correct - I have a Motorola, Droid running Android ver 2.2.1.
Maybe I should use a Droid X, don't know.

I was unable to press App Drawe icon on my Home screen because it is not on Home screen. I clicked on the Settings icon, Applications, Manage Applications, All. Guess what? There was no listing for either Apps Drawer or Kindle. I wonder what happen to Apps Drawer? How can I get it back?

I finally succeeded in down loading and installing Kindle, not kendle, kindel, or indele. :)

KC

OP
KCav

KCav

Reaction score
Hi furbear,

I clicked on Markrt icon, searched for Amazon, found Kindle, it was 4th item down, I have downloaded and installed Kindle.:icon_ banana:

Thank you.

KC