Is this going to work? Regarding upgrade

Gremlin

Reaction score
I have been hearing rumors, that if you have unlimited and if you upgrade after July 7th.. they might do it by mistake just so that you loose your unlimited plan.. Check before you walk out..

googlelover

Reaction score
I have been hearing rumors, that if you have unlimited and if you upgrade after July 7th.. they might do it by mistake just so that you loose your unlimited plan.. Check before you walk out..
Well I'm sure Verizon would have some extremely mad customers if they started changing their plan without their knowledge, so I'd bet they would switch you back to unlimited if you got switched to tiered, I mean its not like they are thinking, "Oh this customer walked in and asked to be switched off unlimited." Well... at least I hope they don't.

idefiler6

Reaction score
A new scenario enters the battlefield! I have a family plan with my woman, 700 minutes, unlimited txt/pix/flix, unlimited data and a D2 (me) and D2G (her). If I were to add a 3rd line on an old handset, say one without a data plan, how much is that? I could use that upgrade for a bionic and just switch it to my VZW #, right? I ask because I have the opportunity to get one for a ridiculously good price, but I need to have the available upgrade to get it.

googlelover

Reaction score
A new scenario enters the battlefield! I have a family plan with my woman, 700 minutes, unlimited txt/pix/flix, unlimited data and a D2 (me) and D2G (her). If I were to add a 3rd line on an old handset, say one without a data plan, how much is that? I could use that upgrade for a bionic and just switch it to my VZW #, right? I ask because I have the opportunity to get one for a ridiculously good price, but I need to have the available upgrade to get it.
Yup verizon doesn't care as long as they have you locked into the contract.

Fireplug

Reaction score

They won't let you have a new plan I don't believe without at least a minimal data plan of $10 a month for a "feature" phone anymore. At least that happened with my daughters, so you are looking at the cost of the third line, plus the $10 a month. Regardless, you don't have to "upgrade" to get a new line added. Pretty sure you can just get a new line and they will give you the $100 giftcard..... BUT you will then have to pay for three $30 data plans (the two original unlimited, and the new tiered) because even if you swap phones (in order to be able to use the Bionic on the unlimited plan), you still have to put something on that line you just created. It is possible you may be able to downgrade it back to a non-smartphone to save $20 a month, but you better check on that before you go that route.

nikecar

Reaction score
I guess I'm thinking it's going to be a lot more complicated,.

Because you a patriots fan

Sent from someplace, and with something that you need not worry about.

tommyb38

Reaction score

That is one of the stupidest things I have heard in a long time!

DessoThumbs

Reaction score
Here's my scenario. I have 4 smartphones with unimited data on each on my plan. We've been swapping upgrade turns with no problem. My upgrade is due 9/19. Do you think VWZ will let me upgrade 11 days early? I've been a customer since alltel and my OG D1 has developd alzheimers. Should I call VZW first or just head to Costco on Thursday?

As always, TIA

idefiler6

Reaction score
They won't let you have a new plan I don't believe without at least a minimal data plan of $10 a month for a "feature" phone anymore. At least that happened with my daughters, so you are looking at the cost of the third line, plus the $10 a month. Regardless, you don't have to "upgrade" to get a new line added. Pretty sure you can just get a new line and they will give you the $100 giftcard..... BUT you will then have to pay for three $30 data plans (the two original unlimited, and the new tiered) because even if you swap phones (in order to be able to use the Bionic on the unlimited plan), you still have to put something on that line you just created. It is possible you may be able to downgrade it back to a non-smartphone to save $20 a month, but you better check on that before you go that route.

Nah, I activated my old voyager when I switched to a family plan, it did not require data. They just put in pay as you go and we never used net on it.

Last edited:

idefiler6

Reaction score
Just confirmed with VZW. I can activate my old Voyager for $9.99 a month. I don't know where the phone is but I found the box with the MEID on it (score). And I just dropped my text plan down to 250 each handset since we don't use it all that much. Net savings? 10 bucks. We will also have a line for when my 5 year old turns cell phone age.

idefiler6

Reaction score
Here's my scenario. I have 4 smartphones with unimited data on each on my plan. We've been swapping upgrade turns with no problem. My upgrade is due 9/19. Do you think VWZ will let me upgrade 11 days early? I've been a customer since alltel and my OG D1 has developd alzheimers. Should I call VZW first or just head to Costco on Thursday?

As always, TIA

Usually they don't since I believe the upgrades are every 22 months instead of 24. I've been a customer since before alltel and this has always been the case.

i can read

Reaction score
Will I be able to buy it online 2:00 Am central on thursday or will it be later on?