is this forum going anywhere?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by revise, Nov 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. revise

revise New Member

Is any intelligent discussion going to occur here regarding what can and should be done with our droids, or is this forum doomed to be a place where nubs come to ask "can we make it so my droid will pewpew lasers? I like lasers" or "how can I root my droid?!" (Before the 2.0 source is out, days after the phone is out)

I'm sure there are people here genuinely interested in accomplishing something, rather than people seeking to have someone tell them the easy way to make their phone a little more sparkly.

Is this where we'll congregate?

What will happen here AFTER a droid root becomes available, and every droid owner with typing skills is asking how its done? Will this be tolerated? Moderated? The easiest way to keep stupidity to a dull roar is to quickly sticky useful information and heavily discourage requests for that info when it is already available.

Interested in links to elsewhere if this will continjue to be a help forum
  2. Russell

Russell New Member

The hacks group here is active. There is an IRC channel setup. The info about the group and IRC channel are available if you search for the group on this forum.
  3. mth04

mth04 Premium Member Premium Member

I'm gonna answer a few of your questions. First everyone started somewhere. So there really aren't dumb questions. There are however dumb ansers. I/we would prefer that flaming or bashing doesn't happen.

There is a hack group you can join if you want. They are very active from what I see maybe you'll enjoy that :).

We will let it go to a certain extent too. You ask will it be moderated once the root becomes avaialbe. The answer is yes, but with limits. You guys can do what you want. They are your devices. Moderation will be in form of keeping it civil on the posts. Nothing more than usual! Also anything illegal that get's linked will be deleted once it's seen by a mod or Admin.

We want you to have fun and enjoy your time here. remeber to treat everyone the way you want to be treated and you won't have any issues and neither will we :)
  4. RTracer

RTracer New Member

This is your second posting I have read today.
    Both have sounded quite harsh and might I say "elitist"
    I would guess most folks, including myself, are in fact here to find ways of making our phones more "sparkly"

I'm 33, and dont know squat about programming, coding ect., nor do I really care to....but I have a really cool phone/gadget and I want to learn from others how to best take advantage of it.

By the way, can my Droid really be made to shoot lasers??:icon_eek: :)
  5. cereal killer

cereal killer DF Administrator Staff Member

kind of an arrogant post don't you think revise? Probably not...at any rate.

These forums are quite diverse with a GREAT bunch of people in here. If newbs want to come in here asking questions about pew pew lasers and how to get them on their device so be it.

Just because some could care less about rooting and tech talk does not make their conversations less relevant or unintelligent as you allude to.

You need to think before you post next time. Courtesy goes along way in here arrogance will draw some fire.....

Enjoy the forums hopefully you will find this place a great resource for information and idea sharing. Contributing ones knowledge and/or expertise is always appreciated. You will find that a lot of the members actually take the time to thank those that help them rather than posting, getting their info and abandoning the thread.

Have fun
  6. microbolt

microbolt New Member

Couldn't agree with this more. Everyone starts somewhere.
  7. Erron

Erron Developer Developer

wow. everyone starts somewhere in hacking. You havent always known java programming enough to hack a state of the art electronic device. You ask someone a question at some point. So yes, there will be general hack questions. The people with more knowledge and experience will do their own thing.
  8. Getaphixx

Getaphixx New Member

RAAAAWWR!!!!!

(Did you guys hear me roar?!?!)
  9. cereal killer

cereal killer DF Administrator Staff Member

scared my damn dog dude.....that wasn't necessary.
  10. sir

sir New Member

boy - I hope these forums don't turn into a place where people ask about what the forums are for and going to turn into.

That's almost as bad as people asking about lazers coming out of their cell phones! I mean really, who does that?

o_O
  11. DroidMastar

DroidMastar New Member

Dude you have a punk ass dog lol
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.