Is this bad?

Hypnotic

Reaction score
I let my battery drain completely once and I've been hearing mixed things about it and I'm mostly hearing that it really affects the battery in a bad way. Is this true? Or is letting it drain completely just this once ok?

mrapollinax

Reaction score
You will need to fully charge the battery once. For calibration purposes I have let my battery discharge completely once. After that I plug in my phone to charge when ever I am near a charger, usually at work. Your phone should stop drawing current when it sees the battery having full charge so you shouldn't worry about plugging it in too much.

Big Cam

Reaction score
Draining your battery until the device shuts off isn't bad but you should do it every time.

once every 30 charges is ideal.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
So in the end this has not really harmed my battery?

I go along with the once every few weeks. It's recommended by Apple who uses he same type of lithium battery but it should not be done on a continuous basis (daily)

These batteries do not have a memory and the more you totally discharge them it can shorten battery life. Doing it once in a while may not harm it, and in fact may be beneficial.