Is this a GB issue or something else? (txt messages)

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by tjk629, Jun 7, 2011.

1. tjk629

tjk629 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +65
    Every GB ROM I've been on does this. If I get a txt when my phone is off and then when I turn it on I'll get the same txt 3+ times.

I've tried tried Go SMS, Handcent, and now I'm on stock sms.

2. add119

add119 Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Current Phone Model:
    Moto x (OG)
    I used so far on gingerbread roms simply stunning 5.4, Cyanogenmod 7 and Liquid Gingerbread 1.0-1.9. I can i say i dont have that issue with CM7.

3. aristoid

aristoid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Are you using the stock SMS app? If you are using a thrid party app, you may need to turn off the notifications for the stock one. After flashing a new ROM and reinstalling my apps I get two notifications until I remember to turn off the stock app.
    Sounds like you may have three apps installed, thus the multiple notifications...turn off notifications for the ones you don't use.
    If that is not the case, I have no idead what it may mean.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

4. tjk629

tjk629 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +65
    I'm not getting multiple notifications; I'm getting multiple txts of the same message.

5. aristoid

aristoid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    On a closer reread, I would say you are getting notifications from all three apps. Turn off notifications and automatic retrieval on the ones you are not using, and you should be good to go!!

6. aristoid

aristoid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Oh, I see...so you get three of the same no matter what app? At that point I would say it's a network hangup as your phone finds itself again. I travel an area where I lose service regularly, and it plays h**l on my text/voicemail info. That may be it. Other than that I have no idea.

7. tjk629

tjk629 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +65
    No. I've tried the ones listed (handcent, Go, and stock). I never get rid of stock but I do disable notifications on it. Go and handcent have never been installed at the same time.

I'm not getting multiple notifications from different apps; I'm getting the same txt multiple times if my phone is off and I turn it on.

It's like if I turn my phone on for the day this happens:

Friend (3:30): What are you doing today?
    Friend (3:30): What are you doing today?
    Friend (3:33): What are you doing today?

If you go into the thread you'll see multiple entries of single txt.

That said, I've been using an alternative sms/mms app for over a year and never had this issue till GB.

As of now the stock messaging client is the ONLY txt/mms app I have installed and it is still doing it

8. tjk629

tjk629 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +65
    I was thinking maybe that or a Blackberry thing. Since that is what my friend has and she's the only one it has done it to. Tried recreating it with another android phone and wouldn't do it.

I just don't remember it doing that before with her.

9. TheIceCable

TheIceCable Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've been having the same trouble for about a month now. I have searched and searched and searched and found no answers. I saw one post where a guy filed a bug report with google, but no actual solutions. I have ran chomp, go sms, handcent, STOCK as well, and have had this issue continuously.(up to 17 times for one message). I have had CM7, ss5.4, LGB 1.9, all having the same issue. We are not alone on this, its a common problem for a lot of people but no solution has been found as of yet. I have switched ROMS to LGB 1.92, installed Go SMS in lite mode, and froze my stock messaging app and this has worked so far. I have been 24hours without a duplicate, so my fingers are crossed. I will keep working on a fix and keep you posted if I can find one. Just know you are not alone on this one.

10. TheIceCable

TheIceCable Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So the problem came back, i ended up flashing sorcery 2.2 which is a froyo Rom and the problem is still here it took it two days to come back..but I just got 12 messages from one reply. Looks like more experimenting for me. On a side note... the issue seemed worse when using handcent.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

11. TheIceCable

TheIceCable Member

Ratings:
    +0
    UPDATE: I flashed the SS5.4 yesterday and I installed the Blacked out handcent app and havnt had a single repeat yet......just letting you know.