1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Is this a bit odd?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by AceDROID, Apr 3, 2010.

1. AceDROID

AceDROID New Member

So, My phone started freaking out, and I decided that I would use the virgin-oem backup and essentially start from scratch redoing my droid. Well, once I went to the virgin oem, My phone told me that there was the update. So, I figured what the hell, I updated to the 2.1 ESE81 that was OTA.

Obviously, everything is now the way the Droid would be non-rooted... however...

Superuser Permissions (the little ninja) Is sitting quite comfortably in my app drawer... Is this odd? Like, does this mean that somehow I'm still rooted even though I got the official OTA of 2.1?

I'm going to try to mess around with it and check back, but wanted to see if anyone else noticed this..
  2. Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas Premium Member Premium Member

Report your findings, please!
  3. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

First I've seen of this and I look at the forum a lot. I have a feeling that you won't be able to overclock, but try it and see.
  4. AceDROID

AceDROID New Member

OK, so here's my findings so far.. Root access isn't shown... I redownloaded TE and typed su and got "permission denied".. so there goes the ability for root, unless there is a workaround that someone knows of?

I'm curious to see if the previous ways to root would work on this build.. at least to get the SU permissions.. I mean it is all open source so I don't see why not. If not, then I am going to completely unroot it and redo the 2.1 update (my computer doesn't recognize my phone unless it has USB debugging on, but recognizes my girlfriend's untouched droid perfectly fine...)

...now if only i can figure out how to unroot, seeing how the recovery (hold X and press power on) doesn't even show anymore =[
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2010
  5. AceDROID

AceDROID New Member

I have no recovery option... it shows the triangle with the ! and the downed droid. HELP. GAH =[
  6. virtualhuman

virtualhuman New Member

I've been on vacation this week [and reading the forum a lot more than I should] and I did see this somewhere else on here.

If I can, erm, parrot, those a lot more knowledgeable than me, I believe they said that if you were rooted and applied the update, that the icon stays there with no way to remove it (save .sbf back to 2.01 or waiting for 2.1 to be rooted).

By the way - hookbill - may I inquire about the psittacine friend in your avatar? I have two green cheek conures, and love birds/animals. :)