is this 2.3.340?

xliderider

Reaction score
till I get a chance to use Internet do you think my performance would increase if I switched to a rom made for 2.3.320?

edit: now I'm confused :/, many of the roms i've tried were made for 2.3.320 AND 2.3.340, so I'm starting to lose hope in the whole "performance will be better once you upgrade" thing.
Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Just update the kernel by flashing the one for the kernel here:

TBH Patches: 2.3.340-System, Baseband, 2.3.340-Kernel, Bootloader

It will update you to the latest kernel.

OP
N

nakhleh926

Reaction score
till I get a chance to use Internet do you think my performance would increase if I switched to a rom made for 2.3.320?

edit: now I'm confused :/, many of the roms i've tried were made for 2.3.320 AND 2.3.340, so I'm starting to lose hope in the whole "performance will be better once you upgrade" thing.

Just update the kernel by flashing the one for the kernel here:

TBH Patches: 2.3.340-System, Baseband, 2.3.340-Kernel, Bootloader

It will update you to the latest kernel.

I love you in a manly not scary way! I'll be able to get them over 3g now since they're in parts and not one giant file, my phone crashed 3 times trying to open the link though which is weird since I'm not overclocked, gonna try another browser.

edit: worked in a different browser, downloaded the kernel and bootloader since they're both out of date, thank you! :D, one last question before I flash these, once I do I never will need to again will I? Even if I were to sbf for any reason to 2.3.340?

OP
N

nakhleh926

Reaction score
yay all done, I got nervous after flashing the kernel, was in a bootloop that looped three times, each third time went into clockwork though so I just formatted and started fresh, it already feels faster but I don't know if its just in my head or not, in the few minutes it took I've already restored 35 apps and set up everything.

xliderider

Reaction score
Things might seem faster because you're starting out clean, after a while, things start building up in your cache and might start to slow down.

You can download a cache cleaner and use that when your device starts to feel slow.

xliderider

Reaction score
There is no full 340 sbf ATM, just system only. So you need to either use the full 320 sbf then upgrade the kernel, or use the maderstock.zip file if you can get into CWM Recovery.

OP
N

nakhleh926

Reaction score
tyvm for the info :D, and I mean faster than how fast it usually is after being fresh, and I use any of jrummys apps to clear sata/sd cache, used to use cachecleaner but these seem to clean more.