Is this 2.1 real?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I think he is looking in the wrong spot for the build number, lets see some more pics.

JCo352

Reaction score
if we got 2.1update one would we have the same build number as the N1 because its build number is ERE27

iPirate

Reaction score
Even if the has the newest 2.1 what does it matter we dont have it and nobody else has it so who cares

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Just to ask, but if it was official wouldn't it be 2.1.1? Why would it have "update-1" written out?

zigzags559

Reaction score
Probably not.

If you run a 2.1 ROM(Fake 2.1), it sill shows 2.1 under firmware. Tell him to scroll down and lets see the rest of that screen. Very convenient he didn't take pictures 2 boxes down that shows what build he is running....

It's not a fake 2.1. It is the real 2.1 Android OS, but it was just pulled from a phone that already has it (Nexus One). It's not optimized for the Droid, but there are plenty of 2.1 ROMs available that work great.
All 2.1 ROMS in my eyes are fake until an official one is release for the Droid. Just because it looks like the 2.1 from the N1 and IS from the N1 doesn't mean its the "real" 2.1. Not until the official 2.1 with no bugs is released, will there be a "real" one.

But you can think whatever, that's just my thoughts. Till I see one with the RIGHT build #, the rest are illusions.
+1 :icon_ devil:

lschicky

Reaction score
If he works for Motorola, he's probably testing it out before they release it to the public. I have a friend who works for Motorola, who had the Droid in Early October, they do have to test things out before hand.

Though it was funny, he was shocked at how badly kept of a secret the Droid was in in Oct, as everyone at a dinner party went "Oooh that's the new droid isn't it!"