is there really a droid app memory problem?

ViciouS

Reaction score
i was talking to a friend and he told me that u can store the apps and games on the 16 gig memory and the actual legal data and tech stuff for the apps is stored on the 256 mb ( 512 depending on who u talk to )
is this true?

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You can't run the apps from the SD card... not without the phone being rooted. At this time their is no ROOT for the DROID. Other Android devices have been (g1, hero, etc) so that's what your friend may be speaking about.

You've got 256mb to fill with apps. Most apps aren't too big so it's not nearly as limiting as people think. There on some people with over 100 apps installed.

The Android OS manages it's memory very well... there is no problem :)

OP
V

ViciouS

Reaction score
can it run or be able to handle the 3d games that the Iphone can?

DroidBoy22

Reaction score
I was told that the executables are stored internally but the files required to run the app is stored on the SD card. I don't know if its true or not but that's what I've heard.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
It all depends on how the app is written. Alot of apps will use the SD card for cache data, and other things. Some apps WILL store the data on the card but the executable / system part on the 256MB partition. It's not an all or none thing, it's all how the apps are written.