Is there Navigation which includes traffic updates?

JOSHSKORN

Reaction score
I'm looking for a new Navigation app. I love Google Maps, although I prefer the old setup. Regardless, you aren't told when there is construction, and you have to sort of manually look around to find a detour.

So, I'm driving home at midnight. There's a freeway that closes nightly at 11 PM for construction. Google maps still tells me to go up the same freeway that's closed. Obviously you can't. Is there a Navigation app that is updated with freeway closures and reroutes you accordingly? I know with Waze, you can tap the screen a few times and report things, but I don't know if you can do any rerouting or if there's an option where you can allow Waze to do the rerouting for you.

I just want peace of mind, knowing where I'm going, rather than my GPS telling me I'm already going a different way and it changing the route when I do. I've tried that, and it still wants me to get back on the freeway, even though it's closed off.

Is there a Navigation app that automatically reroutes based on traffic conditions?

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
Waze gives you multiple routes to choose from when pick your destination.

Caren4u2

Reaction score
Is there a Navigation app that automatically reroutes based on traffic conditions?[/QUOTE]

I LOVE....LOVE....LOVE the Waze app! This isn't any ordinary GPS app. This app is updated by drivers who are currently on the road in REAL time updates (within seconds if someone has found an issue on the route you are on). Yes, if you plug in a navigation route...if there's traffic it will reroute you, BUT all you have to do is zoom out to get a better idea on what's going on. In addition, you can also see gasoline prices as well. IMHO you've got to at least check it out.

CTownDroid

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Like the others, Waze. Last week there was a significant number of traffic incidents here in Cleveland after a snow event. Was able to preview my normal route home, @ 30 miles. Could see the average speed on different sections of I-480 along with the standstill due to a multiple car accident closing the highway.

Managed to get home via secondary roads and avoid a two hour trip home. Waze FTW

astoria0128

Reaction score
I know about Tom Tom traffic which is a famous Australian mobile app and give accurate real time information. It offers you information on more than 99% of roads, including all secondary and slip roads.

Caren4u2

Reaction score
Well....for those interested, I just read that Google just bought Waze for $996 MILLION DOLLARS. It was said that Google would be offering both Google Maps and Waze to give another GPS mapping option.....and at the same time would be keeping Waze technology away from the competition.