Is there anything faster then PDANET? too slow for me

demarco5

Reaction score
Is there anything out there faster then PDANET for the droid? Im on the road alot and need quick internet, i mean its manageable but pretty slow no matter how many 3G bars i have. Im using it via USB.
Please let me know il pay if i have to!

HDBiker67

Reaction score
Really? Hmmm... if there is i'd be interested to see what it is.
I was using it the other day, and i thought it was pretty good. Albeit, i didnt hit a lot of sites, and I am a Newb, so...what do i know :laugh:

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
You can always get a Wireless USB modem.

Can't expect smoking speeds for free...IMO.

kamileon

Reaction score
You could always root and go with the wireless tether. It seems pretty fast for me, a bit faster than PDANet.

OP
D

demarco5

Reaction score
ill send someone $20 bucks paypal to remote into my pc and do all that i have no time lol

mAlfunkti0n

Reaction score
ill send someone $20 bucks paypal to remote into my pc and do all that i have no time lol

Root it if you have time to do it and know what you are doing, otherwise leave it stock. The reason being is that if anything goes wrong, you will need to fix it in most cases.

You COULD always load up SMUpdater (from the market) and do a root from there and install the Sholes roms with wireless tether. It's amazing how easy it is, but again, only would do this if you can take the time to learn about it.

OP
D

demarco5

Reaction score
can you explain how to do this without rooting like you just said? so i can try it out
thanks

thebowers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
If you really want wireless tether, phone rooted and all. I am glad to help u out with it all.

crspang

Reaction score
When you say faster, do mean DL speed or PDANet startup speed? Cause if you mean DL speed THEN no other app will be faster THAN PDANet. THEN again PDANet might be TOO slow for some people, so they should try something other THAN that, like rooting and using wireless tether.

Please don't take offense, because I am certainly not one who should correct someones grammar. Being from the south, I can butcher the English language better THAN anyone. I'm just having fun. (How sad is it that I don't have anything better to be doing at 11:30pm on a Friday?)

Seriously though, if DL speed is not fast enough, then there is not much recourse for you because PDANet doesn't determine that.

OP
D

demarco5

Reaction score
no, not the download speed, just the time it takes to refresh a website, for instance i posted a ticketmaster link back there and it takes like 5-6 seconds to refresh the site

if someone wants to help me root and wireless tether im in!

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
no, not the download speed, just the time it takes to refresh a website, for instance i posted a ticketmaster link back there and it takes like 5-6 seconds to refresh the site

if someone wants to help me root and wireless tether im in!

I'd try rooting with wifi tethering. I didnt use PDANet for more than about 10 minutes before I jumped on the root boat.