Is there any way to

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by AmericanNomads, May 31, 2010.

1. AmericanNomads

Ratings:
    +0
    Theme my dial pad and launcher without having a "system" folder? Everything I have seen thusfar says move it to "system/app" from "data/app" but I dont have either file. It seems like once I formatted my sd card it went away. But I copied all my files and then put em all back on so I dont know what happened to it. Any help would be nice

2. CorCor67

CorCor67 Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +2
    The system folder is before the sd card, its the phoones internal memory. Most file explorers start you out in the sdcard, go up one folder and you can find the system folder

3. AmericanNomads

Ratings:
    +0
    I hate you ... haha. I feel like such a bum. I have seriously been trying to figure this out for the last day. I wanna theme my dialer and launcher so bad haha. Thanks alot

hmm I can go up one folder in Astro but I cannot when I do it on my computer

#3 AmericanNomads, May 31, 2010
    Last edited: May 31, 2010
  4. CorCor67

CorCor67 Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +2
    Copy the rom zip to your pc, then you can explore from the pc. The rom should alredy be on the sd card. Use 7zip right click on the rom zip and open archive. Drag and drop the files you need then close it, it'll ask if you want to update the archive, click yes. Put the updated zip back on your sd card and name it something you will know, then install it as a normal rom. Backup first but you shouldn't need to wipe

5. AmericanNomads

Ratings:
    +0
    Well the problem Im running into now is I cant get to System folder via my pc. I found what you said doing via Astro Explorer. When synced via USB it shows my SD Card but when I go one level up it takes me to my computer and shows like the Local C drive and stuff like that

6. CorCor67

CorCor67 Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +2
    Yes when connected via usb it only reads your sd card, that's y I suggest editing the zip of your rom then installing the updated rom. The rom zip will have your system folder in it.