Is there any way to see live asf streams on the Droid?

M

Matth3w

Someone on the CorvetteForums was asking me if he could watch a live asf video feed from a security camera, and I tried a search, but lo and behold, asf is too small of a search string so you can't do a search for it.

I did a Google search and got a bunch of results of coders talking about trying to get it implemented, but nothing concrete.

Anything out there? I told him probably not since it seems to be more of a WinMo sort of thing.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Not yet.
There are a few apps (made by the security camera/equipment manufactures) for WM and iPhoney devices but they are a$$ expensive. On WM phone you can use Skyfire to log into the site (or the IP) and stream the video feed but only with certain systems (video types) and only 'in' Skyfire.

OP
M

Matth3w

The person in question had mentioned a program called TCPMP.

bastosero

Reaction score
Someone on the CorvetteForums was asking me if he could watch a live asf video feed from a security camera, and I tried a search, but lo and behold, asf is too small of a search string so you can't do a search for it.

I did a Google search and got a bunch of results of coders talking about trying to get it implemented, but nothing concrete.

Anything out there? I told him probably not since it seems to be more of a WinMo sort of thing.

Is the camera connected to a network and is it a server camera?

OP
M

Matth3w

I don't really know the details...he just asked me if it could watch ASF streams.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Seeing as ASF is a M$ proprietary format I wouldn't count on it. ASF is essentially meant to be used specifically with WMP and other M$ components so I doubt we'll see it on Android anytime soon (aside from a paid app).

OP
M

Matth3w

Yeah I figured but I also figured it would never hurt to check. Well at least other people searching on Google might come across this thread then.