Is there any unreversable effects to rooting?

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm almost ready to take the plunge and root my Droid, but I was wondering if there is any permanent changes that would occur if I choose to revert to stock at some point.

In other words, would someone be able to tell by looking at files or other signs that the phone was at some point rooted or some custom ROM was installed?

Please don't flame the noob question!

Thanks in advance!

The main thing that you cannot reverse is the Rom adddiction youll soon have after you root.. but dont worry theres meetings popping up everywhere to help you. :icon_ banana:
This is the real problem.... dancedroid

rkeller62

Reaction score
The main thing that you cannot reverse is the Rom adddiction youll soon have after you root.. but dont worry theres meetings popping up everywhere to help you. :icon_ banana:

Lol, not ALL of us become ROM addicts. I actually prefer to be stock rooted. Just like ability to OC and run wifi tether if I so choose.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Lol, not ALL of us become ROM addicts. I actually prefer to be stock rooted. Just like ability to OC and run wifi tether if I so choose.
OC is def the biggest factor is drawing people to root. Hard to resist speed when the Droid handles the OC so well!

rkeller62

Reaction score
OC is def the biggest factor is drawing people to root. Hard to resist speed when the Droid handles the OC so well!

Agreed, love getting Quadrant scores better than the DInc with my 1 Ghz ULV kernel. Much better battery life, great reception and faster. Suck it DInc!!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Not all, I'm having my Froyo straight. I don't have any plans on trying any custom ROMs. At least not today. ;)

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Agreed, love getting Quadrant scores better than the DInc with my 1 Ghz ULV kernel. Much better battery life, great reception and faster. Suck it DInc!!

The Incredible is a brother android phone, not to be thought of in competition with the Droid. We welcome all android phones. Sure the Incredible isn't in the Droids league at this point but it won't be long before it will be.

rkeller62

Reaction score

The Incredible is a brother android phone, not to be thought of in competition with the Droid. We welcome all android phones. Sure the Incredible isn't in the Droids league at this point but it won't be long before it will be.

Lol, true hook and point well taken. But, have you ever met a family that didn't enjoy some healthy sibling rivalry?? Besides, I (the original Droid) always was Mamma's favorite!!! J/k

Edit: And just let's see some iPhone fanboy wanna be come in and talk trash about are brother the DInc - we'll show em what a REAL family is!

bje1982

Reaction score
It was a joke I'm on froyo stock just oc'd I consider them all to be roms just rooted roms lol

bje1982

Reaction score

Not all, I'm having my Froyo straight. I don't have any plans on trying any custom ROMs. At least not today. ;)

Meant to multiquote

Death3044

Reaction score
I'm almost ready to take the plunge and root my Droid, but I was wondering if there is any permanent changes that would occur if I choose to revert to stock at some point.

In other words, would someone be able to tell by looking at files or other signs that the phone was at some point rooted or some custom ROM was installed?

Please don't flame the noob question!

Thanks in advance!

I'm starting to get addicted as well rooted and installed a rom dancedroid6/22
and now I can't stop

Xoltol

Reaction score
Sooo i just got a warrenty droid from verizon, I was talking with the dude at the vzw store, and i see that he has a droid himself, I ask him if he's done anything with it and his words were

"I've had to return two of my droids also because of the keyboard coming off, each one was rooted, I'm glad these idiots don't check or don't care, cause I definitely forgot to unroot the first one"

I almost high-five'd him.

Reaction score
Okay, I am going to have to get on the rooting bandwagon after 8 months....

I didn't really have an issue with the speed of my Droid until I managed to get so many apps running... and since I just upgraded in November, I can't get a new device for awhile, so I gotta OC to get my speed up so I'm not as jealous of the new devices coming out!

Also, I installed Proxoid and found the data speeds (according to speedtest.net) to be a bit slow. I downloaded the speedtest app and I got 1.5, but with tethering I found only about .5. So I am guessing rooted tethering is much faster than jacking the usb debugging for a connection?

I have been reading on the forums here for several hours about different ROMs and such, any suggestions on what to look at or read in case I missed something really good?

Thanks!