Is there any ROM's out there that let you install software to your SD card?

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by smokin5s, Aug 10, 2010.

1. smokin5s

smokin5s Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have a 32gb SD card and I'm constantly getting messages that I'm out of space. I thought I read somewhere that the new 2.2 OS would let you save to your SD card and I was trying to find out if there's any truth to this as well as any custom ROM's include 2.2 and do this.

I'm currently using AdamZ's ROM which I absolutely love and would like to stay with it at all possible unless there is a rom that is very similar that allows me to transfer over all of my purchased apps and not loose wireless tethering.

Thanks!

2. Lars1

Lars1 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just out of curiosity, what do you have filling up your card?

You shouldn't be getting low memory messages unless your on-board (phone) memory is full. If I get below 20 megs or so I see it too.

Anywho, I am running UD 6.0 and it gives me the option to install every app to the SD card. There are a handful of apps which will not allow me to move (about 20 out of 200). Also, some apps you don't want on your SD card, i.e. widgets, so I manually move them back to the phone from the SD after they are installed.

I have most everything I want with about 40 megs to spare (Droid 1).dancedroid

3. OSX2000

OSX2000 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    As far as I know, all 2.2-based ROMs allow Apps2SD. You just can't move system apps to the SD card. I tend to put games and other non-essential apps on it. And Google Earth is on it, because it's huge.

4. bemenaker

bemenaker Member

Ratings:
    +2
    The apps also have to support running from the SD card. If the apps haven't been updated yet, you can't move them.