Is there any ROM's out there that let you install software to your SD card?

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by smokin5s, Aug 10, 2010.

1. smokin5s

smokin5s New Member

I have a 32gb SD card and I'm constantly getting messages that I'm out of space. I thought I read somewhere that the new 2.2 OS would let you save to your SD card and I was trying to find out if there's any truth to this as well as any custom ROM's include 2.2 and do this.

I'm currently using AdamZ's ROM which I absolutely love and would like to stay with it at all possible unless there is a rom that is very similar that allows me to transfer over all of my purchased apps and not loose wireless tethering.

Thanks!
  2. Lars1

Lars1 New Member

Just out of curiosity, what do you have filling up your card?

You shouldn't be getting low memory messages unless your on-board (phone) memory is full. If I get below 20 megs or so I see it too.

Anywho, I am running UD 6.0 and it gives me the option to install every app to the SD card. There are a handful of apps which will not allow me to move (about 20 out of 200). Also, some apps you don't want on your SD card, i.e. widgets, so I manually move them back to the phone from the SD after they are installed.

I have most everything I want with about 40 megs to spare (Droid 1).dancedroid
  3. OSX2000

OSX2000 New Member

As far as I know, all 2.2-based ROMs allow Apps2SD. You just can't move system apps to the SD card. I tend to put games and other non-essential apps on it. And Google Earth is on it, because it's huge.
  4. bemenaker

bemenaker New Member

The apps also have to support running from the SD card. If the apps haven't been updated yet, you can't move them.