Is there Any Other Way to Answer the Motorola Droid?

srothkin

Reaction score
It would be nice to be able to answer by holding the camera button for a second or two. This would be useful for answering outside without having to take off my gloves.

I don't normally carry/use a bluetooth headset because my car has bluetooth built in that automatically connects to my Droid when I turn the car on ;)

cuskit

Reaction score
I'm caught short many a time in my shop while wearing latex gloves (for staining, spraying, etc.) It's always a pain in the butt to pull the glove off quick - it usually rips in my haste to be able to answer the phone! :(

I've also tried using my nose... Try that in public! :icon_ banana:

My views on earpieces in public are this: do your thing! Whatever works for you! I have on a very few occasions, but for the most part don't. But I have no aversion to those I see wearing them, other than if I'm trying to have a conversation with them and they cut me short to take the call - without me even realizing at first they are talking to someone else. At that point I just walk away... :icon_ lala: It's all about courtesy and respect. Other than that - wear it or not - I'm fine with it! To each his own! :) mikey

billygalbreath

Developer
Reaction score
just use your knuckles. if you have an app that answers the phone with, lets say, hitting the vol up button, then you're gonna have lots of accidental answering from within your pocket, etc.. the slide to answer feature is one of my favs on this phone.

cuskit

Reaction score
just use your knuckles. if you have an app that answers the phone with, lets say, hitting the vol up button, then you're gonna have lots of accidental answering from within your pocket, etc.. the slide to answer feature is one of my favs on this phone.
That doesn't help me though.. The latex rubber gloves prohibit the proper contact..

How about a voice actuated command - like "answer the damn phone"! ;) mikey

Golfjunky

Reaction score
Honestly people that walk around with BT in their ear when they go out in public (and aren't using it)...to Target...to restaurants...to work...as a fashion statement....just for strolls in the park...look like complete ****ing retards.

What about wearing it to stream music? I use mine at work to stream music all day. It's a hell of a lot more convenient than using earphones with wires hanging all over the place. Does that make me a retard?

Why do you care what other people do? If it doesn't effect you, then let people do what they want.

GJ

cpinto

Reaction score

I don't mind the slide to answer, but I wish it followed the natural arc of my thumb. I can grab the slider with my thumb, but quite often lose it before I get to the full length of travel.

Good idea, but not very thumb friendly.

Froodychick

Reaction score
But would you wear short cut off jean shorts, a fanny pack, a mullet, a tie dye tshirt, or a mesh belly shirt?
Only to Walmart:icon_ banana:

mising

Reaction score
I too, would love an app that would let you either tap to answer, or use one of the hard buttons. Tying in a tap to answer to the proximity sensor would prevent 'pocket dialing'. I can tap on my phone all day with no issues, but any time a 'slide' is required, I have to moisten my thumb/finger or it will not complete the swipe. I have tried varying pressures etc. I guess my fingertips are just too dry and calloused from manual labor to be effective! This is pretty much my only complaint with an otherwise great phone.:):)

TimChgo9

Reaction score
I have to admit, the sliding part sort of irritates me. I wound up getting a headset for my phone because all I have to do is tap the button and it answers. I don't wear it all the time in the house, but I do in the car.