Is there any detailed info on the newest Droid 2.1 upgrade?

kcook323

Reaction score
Besides the fact that they will be launching it in the next few days, what should we be looking forward to? Just animated wallpapers? Any other fixes?

I'm happy with my Droid. I always figure when upgrades are made, it is in our best interest. I don't know anything about any other smart phones, so I have nothing to compare it to.

The only thing that I don't like about the Droid is the fact that I can't get animated text messages from my friends when they send them, or even pictures they add sound to. Even then, I think the main reason I don't like it, is because I don't really understand the concept of why I can't receive it (and don't know how to answer my friends when they ask me if I got their message). I guess I'm in that group that thinks my smart phone should be able to do everything a "dumb" phone does, then some. lol

Thanks!
Kendra

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you do a search of the forum or google, you will find tons of information on the changes that 2.1 will bring. New app drawer, new clock, new gallery, new music, live wallpapers, 5 homescreens off the top of my head.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I have seen nothing (official) about what the fixes or enhancements are....

Last edited:

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
If you do a search of the forum or google, you will find tons of information on the changes that 2.1 will bring. New app drawer, new clock, new gallery, new music, live wallpapers, 5 homescreens off the top of my head.

this.

10 characters

izu516

Reaction score
The integrated news/super weather app looks kind of interesting. Oh, and we get Google Earth for Android.

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
you should expect to see it in the next month.

2.1 will be open sourced in a couple of days.

That's the android base code though, individual manufacturers will have to include software for the actual hardware (like bluetooth/wireless/LEDs), then from there it's up to the service providers to push the updates out to retail handsets.

If you're on an ADP or rooted device, you can build your own firmware soon. : )

greyghost04

Reaction score
Any idea if the fix for bluetooth is in it. I want to be able to dial from my bluetooth device.