is there an updated swype app?

Chief Wahoo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
sounds like a keyboard worth checking out - does the keyboard have a Market accessible name or how would you advise finding it in the Market?

nerdbox08

Reaction score
sounds like a keyboard worth checking out - does the keyboard have a Market accessible name or how would you advise finding it in the Market?

I think this is the link you're looking for: [APP MOD] HTC_IME Keyboard (23rd February: hihres v9, lowres v4) - xda-developers

I'm gonna go play with it.

As for Swype, I know you understand we aren't supposed to have it, as in we are getting a leaked version, what I am not sure you completely understand is that Swype was never designed to run as a standalone application, the only way you are going to get an update to what we have is if someone else goes into an OS that supports Swype, pulls it out, recodes it and ports it into Droid.

Chief Wahoo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the link. I will research and read the thread from XDA.

On Swype, I understand and am aware of your points. Would have liked Swype to consider a hybrid business model as I believe opening it up to others (aside from the OEM market) would have generated a fair amount of revenue as well. . .but I am not their CEO, so my opinion means little :)

nerdbox08

Reaction score
Thanks for the link. I will research and read the thread from XDA.

On Swype, I understand and am aware of your points. Would have liked Swype to consider a hybrid business model as I believe opening it up to others (aside from the OEM market) would have generated a fair amount of revenue as well. . .but I am not their CEO, so my opinion means little :)

I just wasn't sure if you knew the complete limitations and I like to be thorough because thousands of people read these forums :)

I do agree, they could make much more revenue by offering Swype as a market app, they would probably have a massive increase in sales because of it, but as you said, we aren't going to change that, lol.

I just put the HTC keyboard on and checked it out. It's not bad for a normal input keyboard, actually it might be better than what we have. The keys are a bit more spaced out, etc. However, there isn't any way I could it after using Swype or SlideIt. ha ha.

Good luck though, it might work for you. But as I see it, you just want some updates to what you already like! :icon_ banana: