Is there an official* list of problems in ICS for bionic

nomadh

Reaction score
I keep hearing that ICS is great, except for a few little bugs. I never hear what the little bugs are. Maybe these bugs are important to some. Does anyone have a list of things that are a problem in the different builds? I have a few questions. For instance does the video cam still have concert mode recording? Its actually one of the main features I bought a moto phone for. Or maybe the default can handle loud concerts so it doesn't matter. The other issue I hear about is flash. It may be a diminishing issue but it is still an issue that can matter a lot.
So lets hear about what horrible problems these release candidates must have so we can understand why they haven't been rolled out yet :)

akhi216

Reaction score
Bionic_Racer said:
On 244 i sometimes lose sound completely like when watching a YouTube video or whatever it is im doing. When this occurs (which is rarely), i just call a phone number like mine, let it start to ring then hang up. This brings my sound back.

Flash seems to work for most websites but not others. Not an issue really. On this build there isnt even an option to dl adobe flash player in the google play store.

So basically 244 is a very good, pretty much ota leak. As others have said having ics on the bionic makes it a much better phone to own.

I've been having the same issue with sound. Didn't know about that phone call trick. I noticed that when the sound cuts off, when I get a notification the sound cuts back on so I send myself an email because I don't have the patience to reboot the phone.

I had the same issue with Flash until I uninstalled it and installed Adobe Air per a recommendation and I haven't had a problem since.

I've also had a problem with the touchscreen failing to work when taking the phone out of sleep mode or recieving a call. I solve the issue by toggling sleep mode.

BTW, I'm on. 2233.

mikeannaj

Reaction score
I have been on 232 since it was leaked. Here are the issues I have:

1. Random reboots (greatly diminished once I reinstalled with HoB and cleared the cache)

2. Getting on the browser while downloading updates causes the phone to reboot

3. Dock sound issue: when in any dock the sound output through hdmi is either muted or full blast

4. The 'add to homescreen' feature for app folder does not work.

5. Battery life is terrible UNLESS you clear the cache upon install

6. Sometimes the camera won't launch without a phone restart

7. Flash doesn't work on some pages some of the time

But the pros far outweigh the cons. Bionic on ics is great!

zomnomnombie

Reaction score
The sound issue is also present on the RAZR. A simpler solution than calling is to go to your homescreen and press the volume button. Or go to settings and play with the ringer volume slider. You just have to make the speaker make a sound and it will fix it.

I believe it's a software issue regarding the phones built in function of muting media volume when a call or ring comes in, which is useful. I think it gets turned on or stays on, I haven't figured out the cause yet. By playing a sound you reset the mute function.

dkelly701

Reaction score
I have the sound issue and a reboot issue. My reboot issue does not appear to be random. I use bluetooth and stream media quite a bit and my reboots have always occurred while streaming media. This has happened while paired with 2 different devices. I have unpaired the devices and repaired them and it still happens.

spudland

Reaction score
My wife has a Samsung Galaxy S3 and I must say, after everything I've read on the forums...I think it's a better move to upgrade to that phone than play all these games to get the Bionic to work at a level below what the Galaxy S3 works at right out of the box. Sorry, but I'm not going to go thru all the hassles to get ICS to work on this phone when there's an even better phone already on the market. Fortunately, I bought my Bionic thru Best Buy and paid for their trade-in program so I can get half the full retail of the Bionic toward the full retail of the Galaxy and it doesn't affect my unlimited data plan at all. Small price to pay to get what you want...with no hassle!

LaurelRaven

Reaction score
My wife has a Samsung Galaxy S3 and I must say, after everything I've read on the forums...I think it's a better move to upgrade to that phone than play all these games to get the Bionic to work at a level below what the Galaxy S3 works at right out of the box. Sorry, but I'm not going to go thru all the hassles to get ICS to work on this phone when there's an even better phone already on the market. Fortunately, I bought my Bionic thru Best Buy and paid for their trade-in program so I can get half the full retail of the Bionic toward the full retail of the Galaxy and it doesn't affect my unlimited data plan at all. Small price to pay to get what you want...with no hassle!

No offense, but what hassle? I ran a script and followed a few simple instructions, and from where I'm sitting, i have a phone as good as the latest offering elsewhere without having to pay hundreds of dollars.

The issues listed here are very rare, and all devices have at least the rare issue similar to the ones listed here. So, what hassle?

Sent from my ICS Bionic

Mike.757

Silver Member
Reaction score
nomadh said:
For instance does the video cam still have concert mode recording? Its actually one of the main features I bought a moto phone for.
:)

To specifically address your video recording concern, yes it has the concert mode. I am on 244 and have been on every prior leak since 2233. The os is very smooth and I am extremely happy with it.