Is there an easier way?

Discussion in 'Android Audio and Video' started by qzpm150, Jan 8, 2010.

1. qzpm150

qzpm150 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So I've been jumping around numerous forums trying to find and easier answer to this.

I have a large collection of movies that i have acululated over the years in many formats, mostly .avi, .mp4, couple of random ones here and there. I heard that mp4's work an the droid and I've had some success with them. The first movie played fine ( aspect ratio was off but it played) the second one I tried had audio but no movie just a black screen.
    I don't want to have to go through my movies and convert them when I want to watch them on my Droid. I want to be able to plug my Droid into my computer drag and drop and be able to sit back and enjoy my fancy new toy. I know that there is a lot of technical jargon that I wont understand for reasons why this is impossible.

The big question I'm trying to ask is, is there an app or something that makes this possible? I heard good things about Act1, but is this going to do what I'm looking for.

Thanks in advance for the help!

2. dvdcatalyst

dvdcatalyst Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    no player yet for the droid that supports many formats. VLC is in development for Android, but until their release, you basically have to convert your video files to a format the Droid can play.

3. snowman

snowman Member

Ratings:
    +6