Is there an app to turn of cell radio

scout247

Reaction score
I had the milestone, there is no way for bluetooth to be on while in airplane mode, unfortunately tied together. Well, I never found a solution, just turned off 3g using APNdroid and lived with it like that. On my Moto Defy, it is separate functionality, I can turn bluetooth on while in airplane mode

kptphalkon

Reaction score
Well the airplane mode is a fixed function of the hardware/software, built right into android. The only apps you will find are airplane mode off/on widgets, which do the same thing as the stock airplane widget or the power control widget...no need for an app IMO

ionide

Reaction score
I also have og droid, rooted, and it works. PE. You should root yours.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

scout247

Reaction score
In this case it seems bluetooth is tied together with the cell radio, and that's something that probably can't be separated. Newer phones by them seem to fix this issue.

Didn't see this till after I posted, I had rooted my Milestone but could not get it active when in airplane mode.
No sure of the difference... well other than CDMA vs GSM

LocoRon

Reaction score
Widgetsoid has a couple widgets you might find useful. One for switching 2G/3G (I think), and one for toggling mobile data (but this one requires root).

ionide

Reaction score
In this case it seems bluetooth is tied together with the cell radio, and that's something that probably can't be separated. Newer phones by them seem to fix this issue.

Didn't see this till after I posted, I had rooted my Milestone but could not get it active when in airplane mode.
No sure of the difference... well other than CDMA vs GSM

Probably a difference in the ROM