Is there an App to kill some of these services you can't uninstall?

stryguy

Reaction score
I'm new to Android. Switched over from Iphone. Love it so far but I'm a little leery about my battery life.

After all day researching this I find that there's several items that came pre-installed that we cannot remove.

Amazon MP3
Backup Assistant
City ID
com.motorola.homesync
Emergency Alert
Google Talk
Social Messaging Service
Sync Feeds + Sync Service

What app will kill these and keep them dead? Is there a way to remove them without root which obviously isn't available yet?

Thanks everyone!

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
i think using a taskiller to keep them dead would use up more of the battery then just letting them run in the background

go into settings>battery and u can see that whats using the battery

and no theres no way to take them off yet (need root)

mdvx

Reaction score
Super Manager (root mode)

I used Super manager this afternoon to uninstall "Emergency Alert", my DroidX was already rooted, after I got a second test message within a month.

What could be "sooo important" that the President needs to spam me personally?

NoBloatware

Reaction score
Welcome to the fold. You don't need to worry about stock apps running in the background. They are generally innocuous, just sitting there idly and not using resources. If you kill them with an auto task killer then you'll probably do more harm than good as it sets off an infinite loop of killing/launching the bloatware. It's better to let it sit there cached in memory and let Android handle it.

The same does not necessarily go for apps that you install. I keep close to what runs on boot. If the app has a reason to run, fine but otherwise I uninstall and find an alternative.

All this being said, if you would like to rid the phone of the bloatware then rooting is the solution. Be careful what you disable and how you disable it!

elite212

Reaction score
System toolbox on the market go to advanced mode and select what u want to delete be careful of what u delete

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Don't worry much about it. If the apps do use memory it's really miniscule.

I thought Moto included a task manager of sorts on their phones.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums