Is there an app to disable "dock" mode?

unix.punkx

Silver Member
Reaction score
Did you see this case? It specifically states the magnets will not put it into any mode:

Premium Horizontal Leather Case

"Our Premium Horizontal Leather Case is made from a high quality, durable leather and secures your phone conveniently at your hip, pocket, or in your bag.

- Dual side elastic bands allow a perfect fit for your device
- Quality leather with classic black stitching to provide extra support
- Strong belt clip attaches easily and securely
- Two strong magnets ensure proper closing of front flap
*Note* magnets will NOT cause Droid to go into Car or Desktop Mode
- Designed to fit cased device"

I ordered the version for a nekkid Droid based on that note because I don't want a velcro enclosure. Hopefully it'll work.

Funny that it doesnt say that *note* part anymore...

xliderider

Reaction score
This is an old thread but just in case anyone's still interested...

I have a case with a magnet clasp but I figured out right away that I simply need to put the phone in with the screen facing out and I have no problems.

I used to do the same, but I feel safer with the glass side of the phone facing my body for protection. Dock Blocker only costs 99 cents.

Here's a new twist: I want to have the Car Home app go away and never come back. However, I use Setting Profiles to sense when my phone is docked to the OEM car mount, and change my profile accordingly. Anyone have an idea or an app on how to disable Car Home without killing the functionality of the magnet? Does Dock Blocker do this? I'm not looking to root, so please leave that option out. Thanks.

Not exactly sure what you are asking, but I am running Dock Blocker and I have it set to block both the Multimedia and Car dock modes. When I dock my Droid in the car mount, the Car Home screen doesn't appear at all, the Droid's screen does wake up though and displays the lock screen, then times out if left alone. As with all paid apps, I believe you can try it for 24 hours, if you uninstall it within 24 hours, then you will get a refund.

Reaction score
If you'd like to be a tester for Droid, I will make it work for Droid(rooted) to have a better result on this issue.

The dock sensor will be completely disabled, not even delivered to the Android system.

Demo video:
http://goo.gl/w1mR

Qcode for the app:
chart

Here's a new twist: I want to have the Car Home app go away and never come back. However, I use Setting Profiles to sense when my phone is docked to the OEM car mount, and change my profile accordingly. Anyone have an idea or an app on how to disable Car Home without killing the functionality of the magnet? Does Dock Blocker do this? I'm not looking to root, so please leave that option out. Thanks.

george396

Reaction score
dock no-op is free. then go to media share and disable connection notification to keep screen from waking up.
i never dock anyway. and now i put my magnet back in the holster for the added security.

Reaction score
Where is "media share" and "disable connection notification"?

And which Android version/ROM are you using?

As seen from the Android source code, the screen is woke up once the Dock Observer has found a change.

I have just tested Dock No-Op using Milestone android 2.1 and the screen is turned on.....

Manny has also this comment:
Keeps car dock from opening on my Moto Droid 2.2 when i use my magnetic holster but it still brings the phone out of standby

Maybe you should try "No Dock"(and refund if you think it doesn't worth) if you have a rooted phone.

dock no-op is free. then go to media share and disable connection notification to keep screen from waking up.
i never dock anyway. and now i put my magnet back in the holster for the added security.

george396

Reaction score
press the circle with the triangle in it on your screen (dont remember the name of it) browse to media share, uncheck connection conformation.
if you put your phone in with the screen OUT it will still light up.

Reaction score
Thanks george396, will check it when Froyo for Milestone is ready.

Reaction score
Ah....I see you got Droid 2, would you mind trying No Dock?
You can buy it, backup and refund within 24 hours. :D
It's virtually a free app in fact.

well, now it works intermittently. sometimes screen lights up.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Piracy is not tolerated here

well, now it works intermittently. sometimes screen lights up.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums app (free in market)

Reaction score

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
You advise people take money from you??

Well I am the author of No Dock..............................does it count??:icon_eek:

Reaction score
Money is one of the motivation but not all. I'm impressed by the donation spirit by one of the user.

Lets try it! You decide whether to pay it or not. :p

You advise people take money from you??

Well I am the author of No Dock..............................does it count??:icon_eek:

george396

Reaction score
ok, my billing cycles have leveled out and i was going to try this but my phone is not rooted. don't know if i want to mess with that just now. any other ideas?
dock no op was too intermittant on controlling the wake ups.

ypsichick

Reaction score
Western KY and W. Los Angeles 3 miles from the bea
Take the magnets out of the case & add sticky back velcro buttons, they do the job. The magnets will not just put your phone in car mode but eventually scramble the phone its-self, trust me I had it happen. Once I got rid of the magnets the phone worked just fine and the case stays shut very well. All you need is a razorblade & patience.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App