1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

is there an app to control your tv?

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by icellphones, Dec 3, 2009.

1. icellphones

icellphones New Member

most palm devices use infa red but is there a way we can do this too?
  2. bots

bots New Member

I believe the droid has an infrared transmitter/reciever, but it uses it to detect when the phone is placed against your face. It's rather small and I doubt that it will be able to be used for controlling TV's or sending data. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
  3. JayMonster

JayMonster New Member

Back in the "good old days" (when Palm was relevant), many SmartPhones and PDAs had IrDA ports so you could "send" your contact information, pictures, etc to other users would could receive such. (Some laptops also had IrDA ports for syncing information). But like serial ports and Parallel ports this has become pointless on today's phones. The one drawback of this is you lose this ability to use these phones as a remote for anything that isn't on your network. For example if you had a TV that is connected through your router, then yes, you could do it through Wi-Fi (and there are a few apps in the marketplace for doing such things), but not like you could in the old days of the Palm devices.
  4. Zippster

Zippster New Member

My SCH I730 had a great one, nice for changing tv's at restaurants to what I wanted to watch. lol

There is a whole thread already around here making observations and arguments on this.
Search tags for this page
controlling tv with droid dna
droid app that controls your tv
droid razr control tv
is there a app for controlling your tv
is there an app that you can app to control any tv
is there an app to control my old tv

is there an app to control your tv

what is the app the s4 uses to control tv's