1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Is there an app to back up all the apps on my phone?

Discussion in 'Android Applications' started by bubbasmith58, Jan 11, 2012.

1. bubbasmith58

bubbasmith58 New Member

I want to get another Droid Razr through warranty because mine is acting up. The only thing holding me back is losing all the apps that I have. I was wondering if there is any way to back up my apps so when I get a new device I can just restore all my apps?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums
  2. kodiak799

kodiak799 Well-Known Member

Any Amazon apps are easy to reinstall after reloading the Amazon apk (from their website, text message their link to yourself). Or if you find the download in you browser d/l folder, you can save it for later.

Appbrain, in my experience, works just as well as Titanium Backup (and it's free). Won't restore settings, though (which you probably wouldn't do with a different brand of phone). Appbrain is free, and with fastwebinstaller it's automated (works great!).

Then there is Titanium back-up, which costs money and requires root. Advantage is it backs up application and system settings, even music playlists if you have it.