Is there an app that will disable 3g even when screen is off?

jjj751

Reaction score
Hi, I have the limited 150mb plan because that's all I can afford at this moment. Last month I went over that limit and had to pay an extra $15 because of it. My cycle ended on the 21st and as of today, the 31st I have already used 132mb. I have switch pro but that only disables the 3g while the screen is on. But when I turn the screen off 3g will go back on again. I could go into settings and force wifi to stay on when the screen is off rather than switch over to 3g but that kills alot of batteries. So is there an app that anyone knows of that will disable 3g even when the screen is off?

fishfood

Reaction score
Juice Defender with Ultimate Juice (paid) has settings that will do this. You can also set it to turn on or off with other triggers as well, or do it manually with a toggle widget.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not that I know of but that doesn't mean there isn't one out there. Your only recourse would be either turn it off manually or use airplane mode. With airplane mode of course you won't get any calls either.

OP
J

jjj751

Reaction score
Will this really keep 3g off even when screen is off?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I have been using widgetsoid lately and it has a toggle to disable data. I use it at night while sleeping to preserve battery while still being able to get calls and texts. Not sure if 3g turns back on when the screen is off though, took it as a given and never checked.

tappin and a talkin

OP
J

jjj751

Reaction score
Juice Defender with Ultimate Juice (paid) has settings that will do this. You can also set it to turn on or off with other triggers as well, or do it manually with a toggle widget.

Will this really keep 3g off even when screen is off? I don't wanna buy the app if it wont work

fishfood

Reaction score
Bump

What does that mean, anyway?

As for Juice defender, it seems to work, as evidenced by my battery lasting much longer when I use it since my mobile data connection is not active when the screen is off. It also takes a second or two after turning your screen on to reenable it and you will see that with the absence of your "3g" icon on your status bar immediately after unlocking your screen.

Be aware, if you're running a Gingerbread Rom (Liquid GB or Ultimate Droid 3.0) Juice defender isn't optimized for Gingerbread yet and won't properly.