Is there an app that can tell which app is downloading what?

lime4x4

Reaction score
I have a data counter widget on my home screen. Since i've been around 4 hours it states i've downloaded just over 250 megs thru my razor's wifi. I'm trying to figure out where is all the data going?

jrmdroid

Reaction score
I have My Data Manager installed and is what I was looking for last week when I noticed the huge amount of data being downloaded.

By any chance are you use motocast through the music app to stream files from you computer? I was and was the cause of my huge amounts of data. Even when I was not using the phone, in my pocket it auto sync'd. What, I do not know but when I found out I removed the shared folders in the motocast app on my computer..

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

OP
L

lime4x4

Reaction score
Yes i do. But i'm only sharing 1 folder Which is my music folder. I'm not currently streaming music thou.

jrmdroid

Reaction score
Yes this is what I had setup as well. Even tho your not streaming music or listening to music or looking at the folder thru the music app, the auto sync kicks in to sync to the music folder on your PC to the phone. When the happens it downloads a huge amount of data. I removed the folder on my PC and it stopped. The music app can also be stopped by going to the running apps and force close the app manually. This will stop it until either reopening the music app or by a reboot. When this happens there is a good chance it will automatically download data to resync the app with the folder..

Motocast is a media server, which your phone has access to to see any folder you have shared. In order for the music app to see whats in the folder it has to sync to the media server which will use data..

OP
L

lime4x4

Reaction score
If I remove the shared folder then I Won't be able to stream music correct.?

jrmdroid

Reaction score
If I remove the shared folder then I Won't be able to stream music correct.?

Correct. Kinda sucks if you do not have an unlimited data plan and have a 4 gig plan. I can see how this could eat up data in a hurry if your not near a wifi hot spot..

Motocast is a great tool but I could not locate a do not sync feature. If it had this you could better control the syncing to the music folder or at least have the option to cache the data on the sd card for it. This way you control when you add new music to you library.

OP
L

lime4x4

Reaction score
At least for time being it only wants to sync when connected to wifi. My music folder is over 156 gigs in size. I don't c my razor holding that much. I guess it might be time to start looking for another app to stream music