Is there a way

msu

Reaction score
to add apps to the Shortcuts list? Like when you press and hold on screen. I would love to put some of my apps in there instead of having them on the screen etc..

Silver Member
Reaction score
i'm not sure i follow. so you want to long press your homescreen and then go to a shortcut? isn't it easier to just open the apps tab and locate your app?

what you can do is create folders on your desktop and then drop apps there. that's what i do for my most used apps. i have four folders on my screen and because of which, only require the use of one screen.

OP
msu

msu

Reaction score
i'm not sure i follow. so you want to long press your homescreen and then go to a shortcut? isn't it easier to just open the apps tab and locate your app?

what you can do is create folders on your desktop and then drop apps there. that's what i do for my most used apps. i have four folders on my screen and because of which, only require the use of one screen.

I like the shortcut method. I'm running Pandahome so I do have the slide outs on the sides which something will go in there and some will not?

Just looking for another option. I just don't like how android controls what goes in the shortcuts area and what doesn't. You should be able to control that IMHO.

Silver Member
Reaction score
still not following. what shortcut area? in the long-press menu???

OP
msu

msu

Reaction score
press and hold any main screen, then shortcut will be right there to select.

This may all be irrelevant when 2.1 comes out though. I thought I also read that they are getting rid of the apps slide button at the bottom for something else?

R

RAWR IM A DROID RAWR

press and hold any main screen, then shortcut will be right there to select.

This may all be irrelevant when 2.1 comes out though. I thought I also read that they are getting rid of the apps slide button at the bottom for something else?

No.

It's still there, but redesigned.

Silver Member
Reaction score
just use folders. you can put whatever you want in there.