mobile_sensei

Team Liberty
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Nandroids...

Hey, just wanted to say, yall are making this way to hard...
You dont need to rename or move Nandroid Backups. When your restore from Nandroid, you simply pick which date you want to use. It doesnt restore the latest backup via majic or vodoo, LoL. You pick which backup gets reinstalled. Also, If you sync your contacts the will be restored ota from google servers. I have changed roms 3-4 times a day for testing themes, etc. Have never lost a contact when using sync. Thanx - :blackdroid:

beckerfj

Reaction score
Thanks for the clarification on the Nandroid restoration process. As I mentioned earlier, I never did a restore before so I thought I'd provide a better safe than sorry suggestion.

Also, the original question was about restoring contacts that weren't synced with Google but just on the phone.

The best suggestion was to export the backup assistant list and import into Google not requiring any Nandroid stuff. Yes, at this point all contacts will be on Goggle's servers and there won't be any missing contacts going forward.

DROIDX, Liberty 1.5, DroidForums App

jrkayes

Reaction score
Depending on what backup or freezer you are using you should be able to enter whatever one you have and select the reinstall option for whatever app you want. Not to mention you are on gmail services they will always backup your contacts no matter what custimzations you do to your phone