Is there a way to wipe a Razr using a command line from a PC?

thunder550

Reaction score
I killed my Razr last night, not sure if it's still "there" and the display just doesn't work or if it's really dead. I'd like to sell it for parts since I bought a replacement phone this morning, but I'm concerned that if someone got the main board working they would have access to all of my accounts that I'm logged into through the apps on the phone. Is there a way to wipe the phone though a command line interface on my computer?

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
Unless someone else knows a better way, I say use ADB. But you'd have to have USB Debugging enabled 1st. Which, if you didn't, you need the phone working to enable it.

Tapped from a Moto X

OP
T

thunder550

Reaction score
Thanks. I got a white light when I plugged my phone into my PC a little bit ago, now I'm looking into the White Light of Death for the battery....thinking that may be what the issue is. Currently have the phone out in my truck charging on the car charger since that's supposed to be higher output than the wall charger. I also have an extra wall charger that I may cut and strip and attempt to charge the battery directly, bypassing the phone. I'll post back after I've tried a few things.