1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Is there a way to update frg01b to frg22d rooted manually?

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by pego99, Nov 10, 2010.

1. pego99

pego99 New Member

My Droid 1 is rooted running frd91b and i have rom manager. I would like to manually update and still be rooted but not have to set everything up again. How can this be done?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  2. pego99

pego99 New Member

I meant i am running frg01b.

3. buckmarble

buckmarble Developer Theme Developer Developer

Www.peteralfonso.com, download the frg22d deodexed, flash it via recovery, reboot. You should be alright going from a stock rom to another stock rom without wiping data or cache. If you have any problems with apps force closing, go into rom manager and select fix permissions and let it run. When it is done it'll ask you to reboot. Reboot and you'll be ready to go. No more nagging update reminder either. Petes roms are rooted and ready to go.

4. pego99

pego99 New Member

Hi Buck. I am a little confused. On my other thread you suggested I clear cache etc when going to rooted stock 22 from 01. But here you say I don't have to. Please clarify. Peter also has the OTA file but I assume if I did that I would loose the root, right. So you think going from 01 to 22 without wiping data and cache will be safe? But I do have to rename the file to update.zip and move to the root from the download folder before using rom manager? Any other thoughts welcome. Thanks.
  5. buckmarble

I said that in the other thread because it is habbit for me to wipe cache/data every time I change roms, but I'm not in the situation you are in. You are using a stock rom and going to an updated stock rom. Which essentially the same as doing to OTA. I jump from custom rom to custom rom and if I don't wipe, I end up with a lot of things not functioning correctly. You are right about the OTA file, you will lose root with that one.

What recovery do you have flashed?

6. pego99

pego99 New Member

Clockwork mod since i have rom manager. Is update.zip the correct name for the file.

7. buckmarble

With clockwork you don't have to rename it. Boot into recovery and select install zip from sd then find the file and install.
    Keep me posted if you have problems. Happy flashing.
  8. buckmarble

Found a stock frg22d rom in metiCkones section in custom roms. This rom included the gapps. Just thought id suggest it incase you wanted them included.