1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Is there a way to swithc back to the default kernel of your current rom without...

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by TuBitMittens, Jul 26, 2010.

1. TuBitMittens

TuBitMittens Member

..doing a full restore?? Like let's say you're
    on bugless beast or whatever and u download a custom chevy kernel. Can you go back to pete's default kernel which came with that rom version? Right now I'm on the newest stock froyo build, FRG01B, so I guess you can't just find the kernel which comes with it lying around somewhere as a separate download?? Cuz its so annoying to have to always restore my last backup just to go back to my default kernel if I'm not experiencing desirable results with a custom one.
    Perhaps people who upload both stock and custom builds as roms can also upload the kernel that comes with it as an additional download??
    What do u guys think?
  2. brando56894

brando56894 New Member

You could probably just restore /boot the easiest way would be to just find out what kernel is used be default and redownload it.
Search tags for this page

android default kernel

back to default kernel
how to default kerner version on android
reset android kernel to original
restor default kernel
samsung galaxy s3 default kernel
set android kernel to default