Is there a way to send video MMS??

coclouse

Reaction score
Ok, so I have tried every possible setting within the video camera itself, 1080p,720p,480p front facing, rear facing. and there is no MMS option for me to choose, unless it is somewhere that I haven't found. My question is, is there a way for me to send a video through text messenger? I have tried handcent, and the factory messaging app, and I can't find a way to do it. Am I missing something in the settings? I have a 3 year old daughter and have relatives in other states that like to get little videos of her every so often. This is kind of a deal breaker for me, so if there is a way to do it please share!! I really like my phone, and I don't want to have to get rid of it already! Thanks.

Sorry I should mention that whenever I try to attach a movie to a text it says that the message size limit is reached.

Last edited:

jnashr

Reaction score
Open up messaging program....select the paperclip (attach)....choose video.....you have to record the video from the messaging app for it to be sized correctly for mms.

pool_shark

Reaction score
Open up messaging program....select the paperclip (attach)....choose video.....you have to record the video from the messaging app for it to be sized correctly for mms.

I don't think this is correct. You can record video with the cam or even send one you downloaded from the web via mms, the size has to be small enough for the messaging app to handle.
mms has a file size limit.

gloveman

Reaction score
So has anyone figured this out? I too am trying to send a short video via text to my wife. Any way to resize it to work with text? The video is a whole 23 seconds long. This is video taken with my Nexus.

Last edited:

pool_shark

Reaction score
So has anyone figured this out? I too am trying to send a short video via text to my wife. Any way to resize it to work with text? The video is a whole 23 seconds long. This is video taken with my Nexus.

What is the size of the file? I don't use the stock app, I use handcent. It has a setting to change the max file size limit, up to 5GB.

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
On the camera app itself, it shows 4 settings..
High, YouTube(high), low and mms (low 30s)
The video has to be taken originally on mms setting or it wont send.

What I do is leave mine set at YouTube (high) and just upload to YouTube or Facebook.. then send them a link if needed be.
Mms setting is just way too crappy..

posted tomorrow using the space time continuum app on my D1...

gloveman

Reaction score

What I do is leave mine set at YouTube (high) and just upload to YouTube or Facebook.. then send them a link if needed be.

So, what if the video is of myself dancing around naked and is not appropriate for facebook or youtube....haha...j/k

But really, I just caught something cool on video that I wanted to share with my wife, not the public.

CJLee89

Reaction score

Where are these settings at? Stock, not rooted

phltrp

Reaction score
I use GO SMS Pro (Free)

Ok, so I have tried every possible setting within the video camera itself, 1080p,720p,480p front facing, rear facing. and there is no MMS option for me to choose, unless it is somewhere that I haven't found. My question is, is there a way for me to send a video through text messenger? I have tried handcent, and the factory messaging app, and I can't find a way to do it. Am I missing something in the settings? I have a 3 year old daughter and have relatives in other states that like to get little videos of her every so often. This is kind of a deal breaker for me, so if there is a way to do it please share!! I really like my phone, and I don't want to have to get rid of it already! Thanks.

Sorry I should mention that whenever I try to attach a movie to a text it says that the message size limit is reached.

I use GO SMS Pro (Free) not the stock messenger and don't have a problem. Samsung Galaxy Nexus

nubby

Reaction score
Handbrake

If none of those work, use Handbrake on your PC to compress the video and try again.

bryantjopplin

Reaction score
Wow obvioulsy none of you have played with the stock movie studio app built into ics have you. Lol it will let you edit and resize the movie you made to be able to send it. I have some screenshots that you should be able to do on your phone.

Sent From My Sexy Nexy

gloveman

Reaction score
Wow obvioulsy none of you have played with the stock movie studio app built into ics have you. Lol it will let you edit and resize the movie you made to be able to send it. I have some screenshots that you should be able to do on your phone.

Sent From My Sexy Nexy

So what size does it have to be to send in the stock MMS?