Is there a way to restore SMS and Call Logs with MIUI?

vincentp

Reaction score
I've tried Titanium restore, but it causes the constant acore process FC issue as others have mentioned, and it does not add the SMS messages to the messaging app. Has anyone found a working method of restoring SMS (Call Log is not as important to me) with the timestamps intact?

I'm contemplating restoring the old /data partition from Nandroid. Has anybody tried this method?

Last edited:
OP
V

vincentp

Reaction score
Ok, nevermind, that manual method doesn't work either.

ty_

Reaction score
always before I flash anything that wipes my SMS data I back it up with SMS Backup & Restore. I think it's great and does the job fantastically.
I recommend giving it a try, its free so you rest assured.

call logs I can't help because those aren't as important to me :)

Droidfish

Reaction score
I use my backup pro to automatically backup my sms, mms, call logs and browser book marks at 3am everymorning, automatically deleting the oldest of five backups. I flash so much that it saves me a lot of time doing this while I sleep.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

jlaidlaw

Reaction score
This would be a great addition to the rom.

Nick177th

Reaction score
always before I flash anything that wipes my SMS data I back it up with SMS Backup & Restore. I think it's great and does the job fantastically.
I recommend giving it a try, its free so you rest assured.

call logs I can't help because those aren't as important to me :)

For some reason, MIUI makes my phone restart when I try to use SMS backup.

jbobbitt

Reaction score
I've tried several, SMS backup and restore works for plain text messages but I found that Mybackup free works for SMS and MMS and call log, I also have Titanium Backup but it doesn't seem to play well with MIUI, I'm going to buy MyBackup Pro since I flash so often.

OP
V

vincentp

Reaction score
Thanks. I'll give SMS Backup & Restore a try. Last time I used MyBackupPro it did not restore the timestamps on my messages, everything was stamped with the moment of restore.

drew

Reaction score
This was a sad thing this weekend.

When I was researching, everything I read said Titanium would do everything for you. So I took the leap, did a full backup and flashed my first ROM (an older MIUI version). Tried restoring it and got the acore process with the FCs. Flashed a version of UD, and realized it wasn't what I wanted, so went back to the latest MIUI.

I'm pretty sure those text messages are gone forever. If anyone knows different, please let me know.

Droidfish

Reaction score
This is fixed when you open each particular thread, it doesn't change the timestamp of any of the actual messages. I was annoyed as well until I figured that out

Edit: oops thought I quoted Vincent's post^^^^^

ASN-121

Reaction score
You can also use Root Explorer and go under /data/data/com.____.telephony (don't remember exact name), and copy the database folder. Copy them back to the same spot when you flash, and everything should be there, though MMS may not show up.

choujin1975

Reaction score
This was a sad thing this weekend.

When I was researching, everything I read said Titanium would do everything for you. So I took the leap, did a full backup and flashed my first ROM (an older MIUI version). Tried restoring it and got the acore process with the FCs. Flashed a version of UD, and realized it wasn't what I wanted, so went back to the latest MIUI.

I'm pretty sure those text messages are gone forever. If anyone knows different, please let me know.

It's kind of a pain in the a** but you have your back-up so once you figure a way to back-up your messages/call logs with an app that plays nice with MIUI back-up MIUI then restore your original image - back up the messages/call log, restore MIUI backup and then restore the messages.....there may be a better way but this has worked for me in the past (although it's labor intensive....):icon_eek: